• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Auburn for weekend

hunter8657

imported post

Hey guys. Im pretty new to the site and need some help from people that know Alabama's gun laws good. Im from Florida and have my cwl. I want to know if I will be able to open carry in Alabama. Also am I aloud to OC in my truck or does it have to concealed. Im not the smartest with law terms so if yall can dumb your answers down for me that would be great. Cant wait to party in Alabama this weekend.

Daddyo

imported post

If a gun is in the car it's considered concealed, but you're good there 'cause of your FL permit.

Open carry is technically legal and the general public mostly won't care or even notice but you may find yourself in the position of explaining the law to a LEO.

macgulley

imported post

I wouldn't try open carry in Auburn. While it is technically legal, you might find your trip less fun than if you just discretely carry concealed.

kurtmax_0

imported post

macgulley wrote:
I wouldn't try open carry in Auburn. While it is technically legal, you might find your trip less fun than if you just discretely carry concealed.

Really? I OC about 40-50% of the time I carry. Although if you are from out-of-state you might just want to carry concealed because if something does happen it won't be fun driving to Alabama every time you have a court hearing :p