• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sorry if this has been posted before...

nova

imported post

I don't know if its been discussed here before, but it is the company that 'owns' the 'technology' that is pushing the issue. They did it (successfully) in California. They're an anti-gun business out to make big bucks by forcing the public to 'use' their product.

AbNo

imported post

Wonder what it will take to put 'em out of business?

Maybe someone getting falsely imprisoned after some gang banger scoops up some loose brass and dumps it at a crime scene?

richarcm

imported post

If you wanted to couldn't you safely grind the serial number off of the casing? I'm sure if you really wanted to you could tamper with the casing to make it difficult to read.

Xeni

imported post

No need to file the S/N off the firing pin. Put a good 100 rounds through the pistol and the S/N comes off on it's own. The 'technology' is vulnerable to so many attacks that only law abiding persons would have to worry about it.

If you wanted this to really work you'd need to do it off DNA samples collected from the shooter at the time of discharge - and that's complicated.