• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Griffin Tavern in Flint Hill

Marco

imported post

Dear Owner,

Because of this: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/21160.html
I will not dine in your restaurant when visiting the area.

The personyou 86'd isa personal friend.
He is a professional,intelligent, honest and respectful person.

What your Mgr did to him and his friends is shameful.
She should be charged with larceny and would be if that had been me.

As a property owner it is your right to be able to refuse service to anyone but to demand payment when no service was rendered is boorish.

VA Statelaw mandates that thoseofuswho choseto take personal responsibility for ourselves by legally carrying arms must do so openly in establishments that serve alcohol.

Generally speaking, someone carrying their firearm in a legal manner posses no threat to the public.
Criminals will not advertise their intent by openly carryingor abiding by your no gun rules, they are criminals.

It is you right to remove unwanted personsbut if you exercise your right to remove law abiding citizens that chose to carry for self defense I will exercise my right to patronize other establishments.

In this troubled economy I'm glad your business is doing so well you can turn away business.
Oh wait,I forgot your Mgr. stoletheir money.

Sincerely,
Agent19

DHCruiser

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've actually ridden by there when I've been out riding on my motorcycle and was considering stopping for dinner the next time I was in the area. I'll mark that off my list unless, of course, they change their policy.