Thread: NPS official dines on crow.

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Remember our not so good friend Karen Taylor-Goodrich? Let me refresh your memory:

http://www.vcdl.org/pdf/NPS_Denial_of_VCDL_PRM.pdf

And there were dozens of other of her letters throughout the 4 year fight to legalize self defense in National Parks. Well nowthings have changed a bit:celebrate

http://www.bighammer.net/images/0109...rearmsRule.pdf

Post imported post

Firearms prohibitions must be posted at public entrances to facilities in order to be

enforced. Appropriate verbiage on signage is being reviewed and will be forthcoming.
    Sowe can use the bathrooms as long as it's not posted?

Post imported post

That's the way it looks to me. And besides, since you can't OC, who's going to know, anyway?

Post imported post

Well, that's a fairly good summary of how concealed carry permits work in general. I guess National Park folks never had any reason to know that before.

I would suggest that the last paragraph is pretty much a hopeful fishing expedition for problems or issues with the new rules:

We ask that any incident connected with this regulation, regardless of outcome, be reported through proper channels to the Office of Regulations and Special Park Uses. Please do not hesitate to contact Chief, Regulations and Special Park Uses, Philip Selleck, 202-208-4206 with questions or concerns.
    TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Well, that's a fairly good summary of how concealed carry permits work in general. I guess National Park folks never had any reason to know that before.

I would suggest that the last paragraph is pretty much a hopeful fishing expedition for problems or issues with the new rules:

We ask that any incident connected with this regulation, regardless of outcome, be reported through proper channels to the Office of Regulations and Special Park Uses. Please do not hesitate to contact Chief, Regulations and Special Park Uses, Philip Selleck, 202-208-4206 with questions or concerns.
    TFred
    Same way I took it...seems like they're just hoping to hear about a problem.

Post imported post

Hopefully the only problems they hear about are ones they cause themselves.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Ha ha, somehow I don't think you'll ever hear about this kind of report:

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know, these guys asked me if we were allowing concealed carry now, I told them to get the heck out of the National Park if they had any guns, and they got all legal-eagle on me and said they were going to report me. Just wanted to let you know. Think this is going to be a problem?"

:P

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Wolf_shadow wrote:
    Ha ha, somehow I don't think you'll ever hear about this kind of report:

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know, these guys asked me if we were allowing concealed carry now, I told them to get the heck out of the National Park if they had any guns, and they got all legal-eagle on me and said they were going to report me. Just wanted to let you know. Think this is going to be a problem?"

:P

TFred
    Didn't say they were the ones going to report the problems they cause. Civilians can also file reports of problems.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."