• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPS official dines on crow.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA

eyesopened

imported post

[align=left]Firearms prohibitions must be posted at public entrances to facilities in order to be[/align]
enforced. Appropriate verbiage on signage is being reviewed and will be forthcoming.
Sowe can use the bathrooms as long as it's not posted? :question:

TexasNative

imported post

That's the way it looks to me. And besides, since you can't OC, who's going to know, anyway?

TFred

imported post

Well, that's a fairly good summary of how concealed carry permits work in general. I guess National Park folks never had any reason to know that before.

I would suggest that the last paragraph is pretty much a hopeful fishing expedition for problems or issues with the new rules:

We ask that any incident connected with this regulation, regardless of outcome, be reported through proper channels to the Office of Regulations and Special Park Uses. Please do not hesitate to contact Chief, Regulations and Special Park Uses, Philip Selleck, 202-208-4206 with questions or concerns.
TFred

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

TFred wrote:
Well, that's a fairly good summary of how concealed carry permits work in general. I guess National Park folks never had any reason to know that before.

I would suggest that the last paragraph is pretty much a hopeful fishing expedition for problems or issues with the new rules:

We ask that any incident connected with this regulation, regardless of outcome, be reported through proper channels to the Office of Regulations and Special Park Uses. Please do not hesitate to contact Chief, Regulations and Special Park Uses, Philip Selleck, 202-208-4206 with questions or concerns.
TFred

Same way I took it...seems like they're just hoping to hear about a problem.

TFred

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
Hopefully the only problems they hear about are ones they cause themselves.:lol:
Ha ha, somehow I don't think you'll ever hear about this kind of report:

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know, these guys asked me if we were allowing concealed carry now, I told them to get the heck out of the National Park if they had any guns, and they got all legal-eagle on me and said they were going to report me. Just wanted to let you know. Think this is going to be a problem?"

:p

TFred

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
Hopefully the only problems they hear about are ones they cause themselves.:lol:
Ha ha, somehow I don't think you'll ever hear about this kind of report:

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know, these guys asked me if we were allowing concealed carry now, I told them to get the heck out of the National Park if they had any guns, and they got all legal-eagle on me and said they were going to report me. Just wanted to let you know. Think this is going to be a problem?"

:p

TFred
Didn't say they were the ones going to report the problems they cause. Civilians can also file reports of problems. :idea: