• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fatal stabbing downtown this morning

ScottyT

imported post

I walk past this apartment building every morning and every evening on the way to and from the bus to work. Within 3 blocks there is a halfway house and half a dozen really sketchy apartment buildings. My employer says I must be unarmed on this walk, which I often make before the sun comes up or after it goes down.

I got there about the same time as the media this morning.

ksl.com - Police interviewing 5 people in fatal stabbing

January 27th, 2009 @ 8:24am By Mary Richards and Shara Park Salt Lake City police are questioning five people in connection with an apparent homicide. Sgt. Robin Snyder of the Salt Lake City Police Department says dispatchers got a disturbance call at 5:08 this morning from 326 E. 100 South. Officers arrived and found nothing unusual. Five minutes later they got another call from the complex next door at 320 E. 100 South. Snyder says officers found an apartment that looked like it was part of a crime scene. They gained entry and found a man in his late 50s dead with one stab wound to his neck. The victim's name has not been released. Police say he lived at the Lorna Doone Apartments. Police took five people from the apartment complex away in handcuffs. Investigators say the handcuffs were used only for the officers' safety. They haven't determined whether the five are witnesses or suspects. Get an update on this developing story on KSL Newsradio 102.7FM/1160 AM, KSL Channel 5 and KSL.com.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Yeah, we should make the liberal politicians walk that walk every day too and see how they like it unarmed.

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Yeah, we should make the liberal politicians walk that walk every day too and see how they like it unarmed.

Kevin
Right, but b/c they ARE politicians; if there was an assault on one of them they would just chalk it up to ,"High Profile Political Hit Attempt", not an every day event for us normals. but hey - good thing we have this forum to bitch about it. :D:D:D

billynair

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:

Kevin
Dianne Feinstein of SF has a gun in her purse at all times. Don't think that because they campaign against guns that they are against guns, they are only against OTHERS having guns.

From wikipedia:
[...the Senator maintains a Concealed Weapons permit and actively carries a .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver for her personal safety.

When challenged on the hypocritical standard, she stated "I know the sense of helplessness that people feel. I know the urge to arm yourself because that's what I did. I was trained in firearms. I'd walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me."...]