Thread: Worried that you holster might conceal your firearm?

Post imported post

I was crusing the net, looking for pictures of Glock 24's, and found this gem. If you live in a state where they say that a holster causes your firearm to be concealed, this might be right up your alley!

It is a CR Speed World Shoot Model II holster.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

Looks like a competitionrig.

Post imported post

That looks awesome! and I want one for my Beretta 92. Has anyone used one of these? Pros/Cons anyone? The website don't have much info on how the retention works.

Post imported post

The drawback will be the level of retention it provides.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

No. SERPA

Post imported post

My 92 won't fit in a SERPA because it has a rail. But you are right SERPAs rock and I have one for just about every other pistol I have.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    No. SERPA
    Oh, come on Mr. Huffman. The SERPA is designed to keep ones firearm secure and safe.
    ...and with safety being a tyrants tool and all. :P

You know I wold never abandon my beloved SERPA. In fact I have considered investing in a Level 3 Duty SERPA.

But, you have to admit that this product looks bad ass, and screams open carry!
    Well, not as much as mine.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I thank you for quoting my retort. I am sure that you are agreeing with me that a SERPA does not conceal a firearm?

Post imported post

There are some officers out there that argue the existence of a 3/4 law. This example of an OC holster would put that issue to rest.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    I thank you for quoting my retort. I am sure that you are agreeing with me that a SERPA does not conceal a firearm?
    Agreed.

Post imported post

Are there REALLY states or localities out there that enforce that a proper belt holster (retention or not) is considered to be concealed? I have OCd in a lot of states while traveling and never had an issue along those lines. If I OC, its normally with a thumb break retention holster that covers about 60-80 percent of the pistol.

Even California isn't THAT bad. In fact, OC and a belt holster is about the ONLY way you can carry a firearm in California...o...and unloaded.

Can anyone cite?

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Comes in colors, and one holster will fit a lot of different makes and models of firearms. Except Glock of course.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

State Researcher

Post imported post

I wasn't aware of any legitimate laws that made a holstered sidearm "concealed". As far as I knew, that whole idea was just a silly excuse to try and claim that open carry was still illegal since the firearm was concealed by the holster.

Anyway competition holsters are great for competition, but I'm not sure that they're very practical for everyday carry. I have never seen a competition holster that was made with "gun grab" retention in mind. They're designed to keep the gun from falling out while moving,but still allowingthe gun to be drawn as quickly and smoothly as possible. They also expose the entire gun to whatever you may bump into during the day. As an example, some firearms could easily have their magazine dropped as you sat down in your car.

Still, I'd trust one of those before I'd trust a serpa.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    No. SERPA
    thats the first thing i thought too

that thing is pretty goofy looking, plus i wouldnt trust it to hold my weapon if one of those infamous "gun grabbers" comes up behind me