• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Worried that you holster might conceal your firearm?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I was crusing the net, looking for pictures of Glock 24's, and found this gem. If you live in a state where they say that a holster causes your firearm to be concealed, this might be right up your alley!

It is a CR Speed World Shoot Model II holster.

07_07_2008_033.sized.jpg

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
No. SERPA
Oh, come on Mr. Huffman. The SERPA is designed to keep ones firearm secure and safe.
...and with safety being a tyrants tool and all. :p

You know I wold never abandon my beloved SERPA. In fact I have considered investing in a Level 3 Duty SERPA.

But, you have to admit that this product looks bad ass, and screams open carry!
Well, not as much as mine. ;)

OCDO.jpg

FMCDH

imported post

Are there REALLY states or localities out there that enforce that a proper belt holster (retention or not) is considered to be concealed? I have OCd in a lot of states while traveling and never had an issue along those lines. If I OC, its normally with a thumb break retention holster that covers about 60-80 percent of the pistol.

Even California isn't THAT bad. In fact, OC and a belt holster is about the ONLY way you can carry a firearm in California...o...and unloaded.

Can anyone cite?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I wasn't aware of any legitimate laws that made a holstered sidearm "concealed". As far as I knew, that whole idea was just a silly excuse to try and claim that open carry was still illegal since the firearm was concealed by the holster.

Anyway competition holsters are great for competition, but I'm not sure that they're very practical for everyday carry. I have never seen a competition holster that was made with "gun grab" retention in mind. They're designed to keep the gun from falling out while moving,but still allowingthe gun to be drawn as quickly and smoothly as possible. They also expose the entire gun to whatever you may bump into during the day. As an example, some firearms could easily have their magazine dropped as you sat down in your car.

Still, I'd trust one of those before I'd trust a serpa.

r6-rider

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
No. SERPA
thats the first thing i thought too

that thing is pretty goofy looking, plus i wouldnt trust it to hold my weapon if one of those infamous "gun grabbers" comes up behind me