Thread: Traverse City, MI will repeal firearm ordinance.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

After talking and writing a letter to the city on it's firearm bans in parks, they sent me this email. I encourage every member to do the same if your local town or county has a like ordinance. Below is the email.

Brian Jeffs

Thank you for your email following up on your letter regarding the City ordinance regulating possession of firearms in city parks.

The City Attorney has reviewed the City ordinance in light of your letter. It is her opinion that the portion of the ordinance regulating the possession or control of any rifle, shotgun, pistol, or other firearm has been preempted by MCL 123.1102. The City will now begin the process to repeal that portion of the ordinance preempted by state law.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Makayla Vitous, Assistant to the City Manager
    City of Traverse City
    400 Boardman Avenue
    Traverse City, Michigan 49684
    231-922-4444 phone
    231-922-4476 fax

An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

You must be more woman than previously thought.

I commend you on your bitching and moaning prowess as I'm sure it must have taken a considerable amount to accomplish getting a gun law repealed.

Something no one else has seemed to be able to do for the past 232 years.

It's no wonder you're so good looking, you're half woman.:shock:

P.S. Did you have to show any cleavage?

Post imported post

Well done Brian...:celebrate ever think of running for a senate seat?

No Doug, no cleavage....buy a playboy. :P

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    You must be more woman than previously thought.
    I doubt it.

I commend you on your bitching and moaning prowess as I'm sure it must have taken a considerable amount to accomplish getting a gun law repealed.
    Only one well written letter.
    Something no one else has seemed to be able to do for the past 232 years.
    I don't think this is true!

It's no wonder you're so good looking, you're half woman.:shock:
    I missed being a womenby this..:celebrate...much.

P.S. Did you have to show any cleavage?
    I always show a little, how else could I afford to drink.
    :P
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

...:shock:

"Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

LOLOLOL

Seriously though, what other gun law has been repealed?

Post imported post

Do not understand GOT ANY PHOTOS or Videos ? :what:

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Do not understand GOT ANY PHOTOS or Videos ? :what:
    It doesn't show up that well in a photo, that's why I'm not in the adult movie business.

Post imported post

Congratulations! Venator (The hunter)

Post imported post

I'm scheduled to discuss this ordinance repeal on the Norm Jones show this coming Monday.Norm Jones is on WTCM 580 AM in Traverse City, the site is here http://www.wtcmradio.com/and you might be able to listen on-line. Not sure on the time, but somewhere between 10:00-11:00 AM. We will be talking about preemption in general and encouraging everyone to see if there town has such an ordinance and how to get them to overturn it.

Post imported post

On what date?

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    On what date?
    Duh, forgot. Monday, Presidents day. I thought you guys could read between the lines of my post by now.

Post imported post

Well the interview went well. Talked about preemption, OC, The MARCH, and a few other gun things. I can ask Norm to have a link to the interview, but I doubt he will post it, maybe?