• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Traverse City, MI will repeal firearm ordinance.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

After talking and writing a letter to the city on it's firearm bans in parks, they sent me this email. I encourage every member to do the same if your local town or county has a like ordinance. Below is the email.

Brian Jeffs

Thank you for your email following up on your letter regarding the City ordinance regulating possession of firearms in city parks.

The City Attorney has reviewed the City ordinance in light of your letter. It is her opinion that the portion of the ordinance regulating the possession or control of any rifle, shotgun, pistol, or other firearm has been preempted by MCL 123.1102. The City will now begin the process to repeal that portion of the ordinance preempted by state law.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Makayla Vitous, Assistant to the City Manager
City of Traverse City
400 Boardman Avenue
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
231-922-4444 phone
231-922-4476 fax

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

You must be more woman than previously thought.

I commend you on your bitching and moaning prowess as I'm sure it must have taken a considerable amount to accomplish getting a gun law repealed.

Something no one else has seemed to be able to do for the past 232 years.:banghead:

It's no wonder you're so good looking, you're half woman.:shock:

P.S. Did you have to show any cleavage?:lol:

Venator

imported post

dougwg wrote:
You must be more woman than previously thought.
I doubt it.;)

I commend you on your bitching and moaning prowess as I'm sure it must have taken a considerable amount to accomplish getting a gun law repealed.
Only one well written letter.:dude:
Something no one else has seemed to be able to do for the past 232 years.:banghead:
I don't think this is true!:question:

It's no wonder you're so good looking, you're half woman.:shock:
I missed being a womenby this..:celebrate...much.:lol:

P.S. Did you have to show any cleavage?:lol:
I always show a little, how else could I afford to drink.
:p

Venator

imported post

I'm scheduled to discuss this ordinance repeal on the Norm Jones show this coming Monday.Norm Jones is on WTCM 580 AM in Traverse City, the site is here http://www.wtcmradio.com/and you might be able to listen on-line. Not sure on the time, but somewhere between 10:00-11:00 AM. We will be talking about preemption in general and encouraging everyone to see if there town has such an ordinance and how to get them to overturn it.

Venator

imported post

Well the interview went well. Talked about preemption, OC, The MARCH, and a few other gun things. I can ask Norm to have a link to the interview, but I doubt he will post it, maybe?