• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Soon to be OC'ing

the wheeelman

imported post

Well Fellas...Just picked up my H&K 45c last night from my FFL. Feels realiy good and after shooting it and I'd hate to be on thewrong side of the barrel of that thing.

I'll be OC'ing from here on so I will be sure and report back my first experience, maybe later tonight. I have a feeling if I encounter and Carencro LEO I will be hastled but I know my rights and the laws so we will see how it goes.

Randal

the wheeelman

imported post

Well, I got my gun, I got my holster and put it on my hip and haven't looked back. My first experience was going in to a gas station in Carencro and low and behold there was LEO inside.

I went get me a drink and walked over to the counter and paid all while the LEO was standing right next to the counter and there wasn't a peep out of him. I there were some racks between us so I can't be certain he actually saw but I'd bet he did. So my first time OC'ing was a good one. After that I went in to a Dominoe's to pick up some pizza and two guys from Texas (I could tell they were gun owners) walked in and did a double take. Soon after one asked if I had a permit and I explained that I didn't need one and so on...needles to say they were dissapointed they could do the same in Texas. I did refer them to the sight but I failed to do one bet and let them know they were well within their rights to OC while they were in Louisiana and were legal gun owners.

Good experience and haven't been bothered once yet.

Dustin

imported post

the wheeelman wrote:
Well, I got my gun, I got my holster and put it on my hip and haven't looked back. My first experience was going in to a gas station in Carencro and low and behold there was LEO inside.

I went get me a drink and walked over to the counter and paid all while the LEO was standing right next to the counter and there wasn't a peep out of him. I there were some racks between us so I can't be certain he actually saw but I'd bet he did. So my first time OC'ing was a good one. After that I went in to a Dominoe's to pick up some pizza and two guys from Texas (I could tell they were gun owners) walked in and did a double take. Soon after one asked if I had a permit and I explained that I didn't need one and so on...needles to say they were dissapointed they could do the same in Texas. I did refer them to the sight but I failed to do one bet and let them know they were well within their rights to OC while they were in Louisiana and were legal gun owners.

Good experience and haven't been bothered once yet.

Feels good to freely be able to defend yourself if need be, doesn't it ?

And Texas is defintely fightinga good fight over there right now about OC.

the wheeelman

imported post

I hope the best for the Texan's wishing to open carry!

As for me I get more flack from family and friends...they all think I'm trying to be Billy Bad Ass or "Above the Law" none of which bother me as I know I am just being a lawful gun owner/carryer!!!