• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying to job interview?

PaulBlart

Banned
imported post

Walleye wrote:
OK, so at the end of the week I have a job interview coming up - suit and tie time, best behavior, etc. but with one hesitation - do I carry my sidearm with me, or lock it up?

Yeah, I know the chances of getting shot at during that period are slim, but I'd just as soon not take the risk. I will almost certainly be carrying concealed up til maybe lunch time due to wearing the suit, etc.

So, assuming it's legal to carry into the building (it may not be), do I want to risk a potential employer knowing about it and lock it up, or do I bite the bullet and be honest about it?
I've carried to all my job interviews, concealed though ;)

shad0wfax

imported post

MirkoCrocop wrote:
i would just cc to a job interview you'll still be armed but if you oc you could potentionally annoy him if he or she is anti-gun or they'll drum up some company policy bs

Yeah, I'd CC to the job interview and start OC'ing after I had the job and was out of whatever probationary period the company has. (Many have 6 months...)

sheepdog

imported post

...I'd CC until I saw their employee handbook...they have the right to forbid as policy guns being on the premises...then, I'd make the decision as to whether the style of dress allowed me to continue CC'ing or not...then I'd make the decision as to what to do...

shad0wfax

imported post

sheepdog wrote:
...I'd CC until I saw their employee handbook...they have the right to forbid as policy guns being on the premises...then, I'd make the decision as to whether the style of dress allowed me to continue CC'ing or not...then I'd make the decision as to what to do...
This is also good advice, and essentially what I was getting at. If they forbid firearms in their buildings (which they can do) you could be fired. Is it worth risking your job to carry? (It might be if your life is threatened on the job.)

Tucker6900

imported post

This topic came up with some friends of mine about my old employer. Their policy stated, exactly "No employee of the company shall at any time have in their possession any deadly weapon, including but not limited to, etc, etc etc"

Now, notice how I highlighted "employee". The policy says nothing about visitors, potential employees, etc. So, when a friend of mine applied there, he OC'd. Interviewer never said a word. And he got the job.