• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FS: Yugo SKS with tapco stock

sempercarry

imported post

Make an offer, cash or partial trade on a good subcompact xd glock or other. sks is in good condtion, I will include about 200 rds of wolf 7.63x39

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I'm looking for something similar, but don't know going rates... why not tell us what you want for it..

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
Make an offer, cash or partial trade on a good subcompact xd glock or other. sks is in good condtion, I will include about 200 rds of wolf 7.63x39
Does it also have all the compliance parts to make it legal to use in the collapsible stock? And if so, does it have all the parts to put it back together in original format?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
compliance parts?
Suggest putting that rifle back together in it's original format real quick then.

If you don't have the original stock anymore I might be interested in buying just the Tapco stock from you if it is black.

Just to muddy the waters some, my Russian SKS is documented as being in this country before the first wave of bans in 1989, and per 922(r) does not have to play the US parts count game. In other words I can do anything I want to it in regards to stocks and hi cap mags without worrying about how many US made parts vs foriegn parts are in it.

sempercarry

imported post

Im a Marine so please forgive me, but what your saying is that putting that reciever in that stock was illegal?

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
Im a Marine so please forgive me, but what your saying is that putting that reciever in that stock was illegal?
I'm sure you went ahead and read some of the other links about compliant imported guns. That said, yes putting an otherwise unmodified Yugo SKS into a collapsible or folding stock is illegal. The feds have a list of parts on imported guns, and you can have no more than 10 of those items on a gun IF it is in a configuration that would otherwise be unimportable, that is to say "assault weapon"

In order for your SKS to be legal with the collapsible stock you would need a US made magazine (three parts) the stock (two parts) replace the grenade launcher with a muzzle break (one part) and either a US made gas piston or operating rod. The Yugo SKS is considered to have 17 major parts compenents that you can pick and choose from if you want to make it in an "assault rifle" configuration.

This link will help as well
http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/sks/24939-sticky-submission-sks-legalities-what-you-can-change-what-takes.html

So yah, Yugo SKS in Tapco collapsible stock with no other US made parts is VERY BAD.

If the stock is black I may want to buy it from you. How much would you ask for it, and I assume it has the blade bayonet slot?

sempercarry

imported post

Here it is, original stock was painted black and there is also a tri-rail system on the dust cover. I took off the bayonet and leaf sight for the grenade launcher to give it a cleaner look

$325 obo

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

You still haven't answered if your gun has sufficient US made parts to be legal in the configuration you are offering it.

The following is a list of parts that the ATF considers imported parts for semi auto rifles and shotguns. Please note NOT ALL OF THEM are found on all rifles. This list specifically references which are SKS specific parts, and then references which are readily replaceable with US made parts. Your SKS has 17 imported parts, of which 7 must be replaced with US parts in order to be legal. Look at the list and for every item marked as being an SKS part, check to see if yours is marked USA. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH US PARTS in order to be legal with your collapsible stock REMOVE IT IMMEDIATLY AND RESTORE THE GUN TO IT'S ORGINAL MILITARY CONFIGURATION. DO NOT OFFER THAT GUN FOR SALE IN THE COLLAPSIBLE STOCK IF IT LACKS THE CORRECT NUMBER OF US MADE PARTS! YOU WILL BE COMMITTING A CRIME.

1. Barrels (US available, not worth it)
2. Receivers
3. Muzzle attachments (exists only on Yugo M59/66, US made available)
4. Barrel extensions (doesn't exist on SKS)
5. Bolts
6. Bolt carriers
7. Gas pistons (US available at Tapco
8. Operating rods (This is the secondary piston, US available at Tapco)
9. Trunions (doesn't exist on SKS)
10. Triggers
11. Trigger housings
12. Sears
13. Disconnectors
14. Hammers
15. Buttstocks (Variety of Polymer US stocks available)
16. Pistol grips (not originally on SKS, but integrated to US made folders)
17. Handguards (US available with stocks)
18. Magazine bodies (US available)
19. Magazine floorplates (US available)
20. Magazine followers (US available)
Out of 16 parts (or 17 for M59/66 Yugo), there are just enough US made replacement parts to bring the count down to 10 or less.
Original source for list here... http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/sks/24939-sticky-submission-sks-legalities-what-you-can-change-what-takes.html

bluer1

imported post

Oh nice, I sent a PM to buy 2 days ago, no reply, nothing. :question:

sempercarry

imported post

SOLD

I never got a message from you bluer...sorry

The parts are as follows

entire magazine (follower, body and floorplate)

bolt

trigger

all marked usa

guess it was refurbished

bluer1

imported post

I've still got the message in my sent box. Check your PM. That sucks I had dibbs.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I hope you put that gun back into it's original stock before you sell it still. US bolts have been on the market for a month, and only from one supplier. Plus they require gunsmithing to fit and headspace. I cannot find any US made triggers outside of custom jobs, and there are no US made mags that I can find which duplicate the original military mag.

Perhaps the person you bought it from improperly marked some parts as US and you were mislead as to their origin. No sense in being victimized for improperly marked parts.

sempercarry

imported post

checked it twice bluer.....sorry, that sux but i promised it to sombody else. wilco, thanks liberaterian