• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firearms industry may top Obama’s list

MetalChris

imported post

http://www.wilsoncountynews.com/article.php?id=22107&n=outdoors-firearms-industry-may-top-obamas-list

Firearms industry may top Obama’s list

January 27, 2009

Beginning this week, the firearms industry will find itself squarely in the gunsight of a new administration dedicated to the regulation of virtually everything related to guns, from so-called assault weapons to the elements used in ammunition. Regulation, incidentally, will be defined as “the regulation of everything, and the potential removal of anything we say you don’t need.”

The leaders of that assault, unfortunately, won’t give a tinker’s damn about the Second Amendment. Their long-term plans will address that piece of “outdated thinking.” But a new political expediency will move firearms — more specifically their nebulous assault weapons — front and center.

Democratic insiders are telling us the firearms industry will be used as an object lesson to both sides of the aisle.

To the left, it’s the always-popular smackdown of a group of right-wing loonies (that’s you and me, by the way) who want gunfights on the streets of our hometowns.

To the right, it will represent a little payback for the rhetoric that was taken very personally by the incoming administration. In other words, a little taste of the whip should keep both sides nicely in line.

To put it another way, last year’s unquestioned gun salesman of the year — Barack Obama — will turn his attention toward a group that has been unrelenting in opposing him throughout his political career. When that happens, a billion-dollar industry will take another body blow.

Despite the new administration’s insistence that jobs and the economy will be the top priority beginning Jan. 20, insiders say payback to the National Rifle Association and other pro-Second Amendment groups is high on the agenda. Democratic advisors say the Republican party is “disorganized, disheartened, and dissolving” and it’s a good time for the incoming administration to take them on in a core issue — the assault weapons ban (AWB) is one of three topics they’re evaluating.

If the AWB is chosen, everyone expects a pitched battle with no quarter given.

If the attempt to pass this drastically expanded AWB succeeds, the administration will have proven itself virtually unbeatable in matters of policy. They will also further fracture the Republican Party and simultaneously serve notice on any pro-gun Democrats that they’d better get with the new program, too.

If this new administration goes after firearms, a billion-dollar industry that has never asked for a dime of bailouts and annually contributes hundreds of millions of dollars to conservation and environmental work via taxes will be hammered. That will most certainly result in lost jobs and tax revenues. Entire communities will be negatively impacted.

The Obama administration has said its number one priority will be the economy. I hope they keep that promise — and genuinely hope they are wildly successful at creating a renewed vibrancy. I believe the firearms industry should be prepared on a moment’s notice to clearly demonstrate to local and regional media that banning guns is tantamount to eliminating jobs in their areas.

I also believe Obama’s administration will almost immediately seek to begin to dismantle or disregard any laws with which they disagree and embark on the total disenfranchisement of anyone who disagrees with their political positions. That would include firearms owners and the firearms industry. I’d love to be wrong.

Carnivore

imported post

If this new administration goes after firearms, a billion-dollar industry that has never asked for a dime of bailouts and annually contributes hundreds of millions of dollars to conservation and environmental work via taxes will be hammered. That will most certainly result in lost jobs and tax revenues. Entire communities will be negatively impacted.

That will most certainly result in lost ( Respect for the new admistration)

Just hide and watch, all the Idiots that voted for Obamanism will be freaking out when their innocent non gun toting family membersslowly but surely start becoming victims of gun related crimes, I knew Rod Blago wasn't the only wacked out S.O.B. holding office in Il.

I believe I'll be buying Mom and Dad a new handgun for Valentines Day!!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

The British were made to understand what these words mean. Do you honestly believe our own government is any different.. is immune from the same treatment we visited upon the Brits?

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

darthmord

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
The British were made to understand what these words mean. Do you honestly believe our own government is any different.. is immune from the same treatment we visited upon the Brits?

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

The problem being it is illegal to adovcate and attempt to do such.

Great, ain't it?

r6-rider

imported post

“the regulation of everything, and the potential removal of anything we say you don’t need.”

if that mentality does come into play then i see a bloody civil war coming

MetalChris

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
“the regulation of everything, and the potential removal of anything we say you don’t need.”

if that mentality does come into play then i see a bloody civil war coming
I don't. People for the most part have been convinced by the lame-stream media that they don't need guns, or any other means of self-protection. Things will have to get MUCH worse for there to be a civil war, and even then I don't think it'll happen.