Thread: Revolvers over semi-automatics

Post imported post

I'm always look for facts that I can use. I found this and found it interesting.

Looks like that .49 more bullets increase the death toll unbelievably.

"Oh--have I mentioned that a study determined that the average number of rounds fired in a gun battle was 2.04 for a revolver, and 2.53 for a semi-automatic--regardless of magazine capacity (Michael McGonigal, John Cole, William Schwab, Donald Kauder, Michael Rotondo, Peter Angood, “Urban firearm deaths: A five-year perspective”, Journal of Trauma, 1993)? How, exactly, would magazine capacity limits (even in the rather unlikely event that criminals would not find a way around them) save lives?"

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Lo...apacity-limits

Post imported post

possumboy wrote:
    I'm always look for facts that I can use. I found this and found it interesting.

Looks like that .49 more bullets increase the death toll unbelievably.

"Oh--have I mentioned that a study determined that the average number of rounds fired in a gun battle was 2.04 for a revolver, and 2.53 for a semi-automatic--regardless of magazine capacity (Michael McGonigal, John Cole, William Schwab, Donald Kauder, Michael Rotondo, Peter Angood, “Urban firearm deaths: A five-year perspective”, Journal of Trauma, 1993)? How, exactly, would magazine capacity limits (even in the rather unlikely event that criminals would not find a way around them) save lives?"

http://www.examiner.com/x-2581-St-Louis-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m1d26-What-the-gun-prohibitionists-wont-tell-you-about-magazine-capacity-limits
    Shh-h-h... it's not really about "saving lives" and it's not really "for the children"...

The 10 round limit was first, last, always just the starting point. They admitted with the previous version that the next step was 6 round limit, after that revolvers would be included as well.

Post imported post

Hmmm, so if I pack a derringer, I'd be outgunned huh? drats...

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

eyesopened wrote:
    Hmmm, so if I pack a derringer, I'd be outgunned huh? drats...
    Only by .02 to .54 shots.

The actual difference may only be having to wait a few moments longer for the target to begin assuming room temperature.:what:
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"