• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Summary statistics of OCDO Wisconsin forum.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

51 Wisconsin registered user population.

8800 total posts. 3800 posts less the obvious flier.

Minimum Posts: 0 (7 times)

Maximum Posts: 1124 (30% of total)

Mean (average) Posts: 76

Median (middle) Posts: 6.50

Mode (most common) Posts: 0

Pop. St. Deviation Posts: 191.67

Ordered list: {0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 6 6 6 7 7 7 8 9 9 13 13 15 15 16 23 68 84 112 114 128 139 146 193 215 265 294 725 1124 (5024)}

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Perhaps as many have lied. The 'Posts' count is of all postings by the user.

And my point is that we are not as many as 51. The time rate of posts are not as conveniently accessible and would be as revealing of our activism.

Five or ten (10% - 20%) are 'active' users of OCDO.

All this is an invitation to research and establish your own correlation of OCDO statistics with Wisconsin's economic rates and consider that correlation in light of the magnitude of Brad Krause's needs.

First Brad must weather this trial that we might individually be able to help a bit with the finances. Then we can consider the grand mosaic and that the end, however laudable, does not justify the means.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Pointman wrote:
I think Doug was trying to say there are enough Wisconsin OpenCarry members to make this happen, but since the numbers aren't overwhelming he'll have to cough up more that fast-food money.
I am quite able to say what I mean and acknowledge your disruption.

There is no 'fast food' here where I live. Life is slow with time to think.

FLR&@

imported post

I am currentlyliving in Nevada but I will be back in Wisconsin to stay in 2 weeks.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't despair. When I joined the forum in 2007 there were only 13 Wisconsin members. "At the right place and the right time it only takes one person to change the world". Lammie

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Well, not everyone has stated where they live.

And we have some people who don't even register but read and show up to events to show support. I remember an individual at the Shooters Shop who told us that he reads OCDO but doesn't post or even have a handle. He had a LOT of antennas on the back of his car. Anyone remember him?

There wasn't yet 20 WI memberswhen I started coming to the forums in March of 2008. Having 51 members, less than a year later is a great improvement. Things do move slowly in Wisconsin, but as Lammie said in another thread we can finallysee the light at the end of the tunnel. Brad's case is 19 days away and counting. Perhapson that day we will bask in the sunlight.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Damm Parabellum we joined one day apart I joined onsaturday the 3rd and you joind on the 2nd. Yeah besides just talking with ourselves we have 2nd ammendment enthusiests and regular people cruising this site in wisconsin and that helps alott because they can gain knowledge!

Ben

Johnny Stiletto

imported post

Parabellum wrote:
And we have some people who don't even register but read and show up to events to show support.

I agree. I make it a pointto mentionthis forum and opencarry.org in generalto others when the situation arises anda surprising number of people that I have talked to have been here. I personally rarely post but read often.

Look at the view count onthe differenttopics rather than the post count. Like most forums (on any given topic), thereare probably too manyknow-it-alls already posting here tomake it worthregisteringandadding something newto the conversation for many.

FLR&@

imported post

Johnny Stiletto wrote:

Look at the view count onthe differenttopics rather than the post count. Like most forums (on any given topic), thereare probably too manyknow-it-alls already posting here tomake it worthregisteringandadding something newto the conversation for many.

Agreed.. Many times someone has already made my point negating the need forfurther comment. (however I would not use know it all in this age of P.C. I would say well informed and opinionated)

Thank you for the welcome home Shotgun.

FLR&@

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Or look to the POV represented by user=22755 in the thread 19480 discussion. How many of the Wisconsin registered users, lurkers and not-posters does he speak for? There is also user=7889 with a significant number of posts!

Doug –

I don’t know how to reference the users or conservation’s by the numbers you posted. A little help?

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Mouse over your username and read the URL window at the bottom of your browser.

Users are less defensive when they are referred to by their unique OCDO 'user=' than their (non-unique) net epithet.

Similarly, this is forum 57 and thread 21216 and users are not so protective of an 'anonymized' thread as they are of 'their' thread.

FLR&@

imported post

Doug-

I understand your discretion.. In all honesty he shares a few of my opinions but please do not put me in the same category as him. I would like to think I am much more polite and tolerant ect.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

I appreciate that, of you and some others, but OCDO and Wisconsin is rife with rice-bowl politics, that is the politics intimately mixed with personal income and financial well being.

All I want is for good people to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

FLR&@

imported post

Doug-

We have the start of a deeper understanding. It is when good people put aside the small differences for the greater good. That is when we will make progress as a whole.

Ok gotta go Super Bowl time!!!! GOOD DAY GENTS!!!!!!!