• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Holder

MT GUNNY

imported post

I wrote Sen Max Baucus about my views of Eric Holders anti 2 Amendment past.here is his Response;

Dear "MT GUNNY":

Thank you for contacting me with your opinions on Eric Holder, the current Attorney General nominee. I appreciate your advocacy on this issue.

Service is the most honorable thing a person can do. Whether it's service to one's community, state or country, service is the most noble of all human endeavors. While evaluating nominees to any post, I look for certain essential qualities. The nominee must, at minimum, be well-qualified, and have a record of honesty, integrity and a background free of ethical concerns.

Many Montanans are concerned that Mr. Holder will not uphold the 2[size=nd] Amendment. The Supreme Court ruled the District of Columbia gun ban unconstitutional in District of Columbia v. Heller and I expect the next Attorney General to follow and respect the Supreme Court's decision. Mr. Holder addressed this issue during his confirmation hearing, stating he understood the Supreme Court has spoken, and that the Court's decision is now law of the land.

As a gun owner, I know this is especially important in states such as Montana where hunting and shooting sports are an integral part of our life. I cannot support efforts that will infringe upon the rights of individual gun owners, and rest assured I will fight against any legislation that comes before me to limit our right to bear arms. Please know that I am working hard to ensure all nominees are appointed only after serious consideration.

I will continue to keep Montana's interests and principles in mind as I evaluate the nominees. Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of further assistance.

With best personal regards, I am

Senator Max Baucus

http://baucus.senate.gov

MT GUNNY

imported post

He is essentially saying that he approves of him. And If Eric trys anything Anti 2 Amendment Wise he will be on him Like Stink on ^%# .

MontanaCZ

imported post

Doesn't surprise me that Baucus would support him. I would also not be so fast to say that Baucus would be after him if Holder goes back on what he said. Remember, Baucus voted FOR the 1994 ban.

-CZ

MontanaCZ

imported post

In case you that have not been at it long are wondering, here is some information written in 2001 on the MTSSA site....

Most of you will remember that Max Baucus built his political career on steady and sworn promises to NEVER vote for any gun control. Then, in 1994, and at the special request of his then-buddy, Bill Clinton, Baucus betrayed his longstanding promises to Montana voters and became the single swing vote on pass/fail procedural votes on both the Brady Bill and the Feinstein semi-auto and magazine ban bill.

This is also the reason that I cried foul when the NRA published that he is a staunch supporter, to vote for him, and that he NEVER voted for the 1994 ban. Not true, not only did he, he was the lynch pin.
-CZ

JBinMontana

imported post

MontanaCZ wrote:
In case you that have not been at it long are wondering, here is some information written in 2001 on the MTSSA site....

Most of you will remember that Max Baucus built his political career on steady and sworn promises to NEVER vote for any gun control. Then, in 1994, and at the special request of his then-buddy, Bill Clinton, Baucus betrayed his longstanding promises to Montana voters and became the single swing vote on pass/fail procedural votes on both the Brady Bill and the Feinstein semi-auto and magazine ban bill.

This is also the reason that I cried foul when the NRA published that he is a staunch supporter, to vote for him, and that he NEVER voted for the 1994 ban. Not true, not only did he, he was the lynch pin.
-CZ

CZ Thank you for that reminder.....

pissonericholderkt6.jpg