Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: virginia arms co

Post imported post

bought my first gun and holster for oc as i have no ccp yet the salesmen were very nice answered all of my questions some probably kinda stupid i think his name was bernie anyways nice shop down there

Post imported post

I agree. VA Arms is a nice shop. Whenever I'm out in the area I always stop at Guns and Ammo Warehouse and VA Arms. Probably the two best gun shops in NoVA.

Post imported post

silentchrs wrote:
    bought my first gun and holster for oc as i have no ccp yet the salesmen were very nice answered all of my questions some probably kinda stupid i think his name was bernie anyways nice shop down there
    Bernie owns the place. It is a good shop.

Post imported post

Bought the Glock from there. Great service and a good selection. Last time I went in there was right before Christmas and I barely could walk in the door because they were so busy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    I agree. VA Arms is a nice shop. Whenever I'm out in the area I always stop at Guns and Ammo Warehouse and VA Arms. Probably the two best gun shops in NoVA.

Yep, both very good.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Guns and Ammo Warehouse and VA Arms. Probably the two best gun shops in NoVA.
    I like Guns and Ammo... Very friendly and lots of stuff.. I also like Silver Eagle Group.. also very friendly and lots of new guns.. not so much a gun "shop" but more a "new gun sales area" of a range... but still nice.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    nova wrote:
    Guns and Ammo Warehouse and VA Arms. Probably the two best gun shops in NoVA.
    I like Guns and Ammo... Very friendly and lots of stuff.. I also like Silver Eagle Group.. also very friendly and lots of new guns.. not so much a gun "shop" but more a "new gun sales area" of a range... but still nice.
    Yup just got my P22 from them! Great service.

Post imported post

I've purchased two guns from VA Arms and had great service both times.

Post imported post

VA Arms and Guns & Ammo are great places to shop. I make the drive from Leesburg to buy from them over the local store just based on the people that work there, their attitude and their experience - plus their prices are better.

-Floyd

Post imported post

Yeah, everyone at VA arms are real professional and nice. Same with Guns & Ammo Warehouse. I bought my glock at VA arms because G&A was out of stock. in fact, they're out of stock of almost everything at G&A last i checked. i really wanted to buy the glock at G&A, but they didn't have any G26's

Post imported post

I didn't know Guns and Ammo warehouse was so close to Va arms I'll have to go check it out sometime.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I didn't know Guns and Ammo warehouse was so close to Va arms I'll have to go check it out sometime.
    yep, they're both off of nokesville.

well, to be techincal, va arms is on center street or something, but it's right off of nokesville road

Post imported post

I bought my first handgun from Bernie as well (Kimber 1911). Great guy. Very friendly and helpful even though I was a complete newbie.

Post imported post

Isn't this the same Bernie that was the subject of a thread a while back about his support of Obama and not supporting OC? Looked for it but my search-fu is weak today.

If it was not Bernie but someone else, my apologies to him in advance. I'm just trying to keep straight who is who up there in NoVa so if I ever get that way with $$ in my pocket I'll know who/where to spend it and who to avoid.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Isn't this the same Bernie that was the subject of a thread a while back about his support of Obama and not supporting OC? Looked for it but my search-fu is weak today.

If it was not Bernie but someone else, my apologies to him in advance. I'm just trying to keep straight who is who up there in NoVa so if I ever get that way with $$ in my pocket I'll know who/where to spend it and who to avoid.

stay safe.

skidmark
    you're thinking about the guy that owns Blue Ridge Arsenal - his name is Earl Curtis

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/inde...&Itemid=57

Post imported post

VA Arms are good folks to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate doing business with them or recommending them to anyone.

Post imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    you're thinking about the guy that owns Blue Ridge Arsenal - his name is Earl Curtis

http://www.blueridgearsenal.com/inde...&Itemid=57
    I am not fond of Blue Ridge, they seem a tad higher then everyone. haven't been to guns and ammo yet, anyone have an address for them?

Post imported post

Blue Ridge was the one. If you go to Blue Ridge I would consider going to Silver Eagle or somewhere that actually cares about our rights

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    Oh no, skid...that was the owner of Blue Ridge Arsenal.

Bernie at Virginia Arms is unfailingly polite, considerate, friendly and helpful and under his leadership the staff are mostly the same.

Virginia Arms can be an extremely busy shop on Saturdays, though, so if you want to look at something specific when they are busy patience may be required.

I regularly vote with my business at Virginia Arms, Dominion Arms and G&A Warehouse. Dominion Arms is a different cup of tea . . . I enjoy the atmosphere there too.

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    Blue Ridge was the one. If you go to Blue Ridge I would consider going to Silver Eagle or somewhere that actually cares about our rights
    umm, am i missing something about blue ridge?

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    umm, am i missing something about blue ridge?
    http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2008/12/09/blue-ridge-arsenal-owner-voted-obama-celebrates-with-increased-sales/

Post imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I wouldn't start casting stones without being fully informed.

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/do...rquez,%20Scott

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/do...rquez,%20Dario

Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA20171$400 05/12/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
    Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA 20171MVM, Inc./Security Services$2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat (1)

Marquez, Dario Jr. MVM Inc./President VIENNAVA22182500 11/8/2007BECERRA FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (2)
    Marquez, Dario OMVM Inc/CEOVIENNAVA221822,300 1/31/2008HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O Jr ––IR1,000 6/30/2007OBAMA FOR AMERICA - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O. Jr.MVM, Inc./Security ServicesVIENNAVA221822,300 1/28/2008GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O. MVM Inc./Executive OAKTONVA22124300 5/3/2002FRIENDS OF CONNIE MORELLA FOR CONGRESS - REPUBLICAN (3)
    Marquez, Dario –– OAKTONVA22124-1,140 12/30/2003KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, DarioMVM Inc/President and CEOOAKTONVA221242,000 6/10/2003KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (4)

(1) "The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, along with its Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, today endorsed Gerry Connolly for Congress in Virginia's 11th Congressional District." - (http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Mes...?em_id=31361.2)

(2) Rep Becerra is the sponsor of a bill requiring "microstamping" for pistols, a technology proven to be flawed and easily defeated by criminals. The bill's co-sponsors were a who's who of gun grabbing totalitarians, including Rep Rahm Emanuel (he who has shown allegiance to a nation other than the United States during a time of war by serving as a civilian in their armed forces, Rep Jesse Jackson, Jr., Rep Carolyn McCarthy (sponsor of HR1022), Rep Charles Rangel, and Rep Chris Van Hollen

(3) "Morella opposes her party's positions on...gun control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_...ssional_career)

(4) In a unanimous vote by its board, FAIRFAX COUNTY recently banned its police department’s practice of trading seized guns back to gun dealers, according to The Washington Post. Instead, the guns will be destroyed so they don’t end up in criminal hands.
    The supervisors also voted to prohibit the police department from exchanging their used service weapons for new ones, a practice that has become controversial.
    “I believe that Fairfax county residents have a right to believe that guns seized by police should be returned to their legal owners or destroyed,” Board Chairman Kate Hanley told the newspaper. - (http://www.naco.org/cnews/1999/99-9-27/newsfrom.htm)
    I don't think I need to tell you where Hitlery and Osama stand.

Post imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
    skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
    Oh no, skid...that was the owner of Blue Ridge Arsenal.

Bernie at Virginia Arms is unfailingly polite, considerate, friendly and helpful and under his leadership the staff are mostly the same.

Virginia Arms can be an extremely busy shop on Saturdays, though, so if you want to look at something specific when they are busy patience may be required.

I regularly vote with my business at Virginia Arms, Dominion Arms and G&A Warehouse. Dominion Arms is a different cup of tea . . . I enjoy the atmosphere there too.

what do you mean by that? about dominion arms?

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    CRF250rider1000 wrote:
    I wouldn't start casting stones without being fully informed.

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/do...rquez,%20Scott

http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/do...rquez,%20Dario

Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA20171$400 05/12/2008 P HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - Democrat
    Marquez, Scott HERNDON, VA 20171MVM, Inc./Security Services$2,300 01/28/2008 P GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - Democrat (1)

Marquez, Dario Jr. MVM Inc./President VIENNAVA22182500 11/8/2007BECERRA FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (2)
    Marquez, Dario OMVM Inc/CEOVIENNAVA221822,300 1/31/2008HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O Jr ––IR1,000 6/30/2007OBAMA FOR AMERICA - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O. Jr.MVM, Inc./Security ServicesVIENNAVA221822,300 1/28/2008GERRY CONNOLLY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, Dario O. MVM Inc./Executive OAKTONVA22124300 5/3/2002FRIENDS OF CONNIE MORELLA FOR CONGRESS - REPUBLICAN (3)
    Marquez, Dario –– OAKTONVA22124-1,140 12/30/2003KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT
    Marquez, DarioMVM Inc/President and CEOOAKTONVA221242,000 6/10/2003KATE HANLEY FOR CONGRESS - DEMOCRAT (4)

(1) "The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, along with its Virginia Million Mom March Chapters, today endorsed Gerry Connolly for Congress in Virginia's 11th Congressional District." - (http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/MessageViewer/&printer_friendly=1?em_id=31361.2)

(2) Rep Becerra is the sponsor of a bill requiring "microstamping" for pistols, a technology proven to be flawed and easily defeated by criminals. The bill's co-sponsors were a who's who of gun grabbing totalitarians, including Rep Rahm Emanuel (he who has shown allegiance to a nation other than the United States during a time of war by serving as a civilian in their armed forces, Rep Jesse Jackson, Jr., Rep Carolyn McCarthy (sponsor of HR1022), Rep Charles Rangel, and Rep Chris Van Hollen

(3) "Morella opposes her party's positions on...gun control (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Morella#Congressional_career)

(4) In a unanimous vote by its board, FAIRFAX COUNTY recently banned its police department’s practice of trading seized guns back to gun dealers, according to The Washington Post. Instead, the guns will be destroyed so they don’t end up in criminal hands.
    The supervisors also voted to prohibit the police department from exchanging their used service weapons for new ones, a practice that has become controversial.
    “I believe that Fairfax county residents have a right to believe that guns seized by police should be returned to their legal owners or destroyed,” Board Chairman Kate Hanley told the newspaper. - (http://www.naco.org/cnews/1999/99-9-27/newsfrom.htm)
    I don't think I need to tell you where Hitlery and Osama stand.
    is Silver Eagle owned by MVM?

Post imported post

Well off to NRA range then lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast