Thread: off to PA

Post imported post

Hey everyone, Im a resident of Indiana with a license to carry. I will be heading to PA in the next month and i'm aware that my license is recognized there. Im sure OCing out in the Lewistown area (mifflin county) will be OK but how about when I make that 3 hour trip to Geno's in philly for a cheesesteak. When I click on PA on OCDO maps it says must have a permit to OC in Philly. Just making sure that Philly doesn't have any city wide laws or anything prohibiting me from OC'ing in philly with my IN License to carry. I think i'll be ok, what are the facts?

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

If your Indiana license/permit is recognized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (we're not a state, we're a commonwealth), then you can carry concealed anywhere you want (except those places where you can't), including Philadelphia.

Open carry requires no license/permit at all, anywhere in the Commonwealth, except in Philadelphia. There you must possess either a Pa. license, or a license/permit recognized by Pa. (which, as you say, an Indiana license/permit/whatever is).

Since cities/counties/townships/boroughs are prohibited by state law from enacting their own firearms regulation ordinances, Philadelphia has no such restrictions on open carry. Might a police officer inquire about your open carry? It's possible.