• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado SB8 - Defeated by Dems.

Chief_of_Scouts

imported post

Looks like the Colorado Democrats and some Police Chiefs were able to defeat SB8 "Make My Day Better" law. This bill would have given the same protection to businesses as the "Make My Day" law does for people in their homes.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CO_XGR_MAKE_MY_DAY_COOL-?SITE=COCOL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

One of my favorite quotes from Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner;

"...also worried that the bill would prove a gateway for repealing other gun restrictions."

:banghead:

jmar254

imported post

I wrote the committee that voted to kill this bill and got a response from the only yes vote, Sen. Schultheis, man was he not happy they killed this bill.

HB09-1180 Firearm Transfer Background Check

http://www.leg.state.co.us/Clics/CLICS2009A/csl.nsf/BillFoldersSponsor?OpenFrameSet

Start writing about this one. These are the people who are going to be looking at it first mark.waller.house@state.co.us; su@suryden.com;ellen.roberts.house@state.co.us; sal_pace@hotmail.com; joe@joemiklosi.com; steve.king.house@state.co.us; bob.gardner.house@state.co.us; loiscourt@msn.com; repdennisapuan@gmail.com; ehmccann@comcast.net; claire.levy.house@state.co.us. I wrote them Friday night and have receivedresponses from EHMcCann saying would take our thoughts into consideration and Joe Miklosi saying he wouldlook at and research the bill.

This is what I wrote them;

Hello,

Before voting for this bill, please familiarize yourself with the process of obtaining a Colorado concealed handgun permit, CBI, FBI and fingerprint background checks,also I would like to submit http://www.gunfacts.info/as another source for information regarding this issue.

I believe you will find that we as concealed handgun permit holders are the most law abiding citizens you will find. We take the time to go about this process legally, and faithfully taking this huge responsibility very seriously.

I am sure that you will not find many criminals taking the time nor spending the money it takes to LEGALLY carry a concealed handgun.

The time and effort spent on checking the backgrounds of law abiding Colorado concealed handgun permit holders could be used to look closer at someone else that may need the second look.

Yes, maybe I threw the people who don't have CCWs under the bus but, if we can get this passed, I would have to say they took one for the team.

Jim