Thread: February Richmond OC dinner ideas?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Has anyone discussed this yet? I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm anxious to try the new Silver Diner in Innsbrook.

They have ABC on (wine/beer) so it would be a good introduction. Anyone eaten there?

James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I havent been there before. I know that they have an ABC license. They only opened a few months ago. I can try to get by there and check it out but if anyone is closer and wants to check it out first, go for it.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

I'll check out the Silver Diner on Sunday morning Feb. 1st for breakfast probably about 9:30 AM.

Anybody care to join me?

Of interest of course will be their reception, space available w/good table arrangement for up to 30 people as well as food selection - I did get only a peek at the dinner menu - it was taking forever to download - but looks quite varied.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

I've been there a couple of times. I don't recall any signage and I have seen where others have gone OC to the ones in NOVA.

IIRC, they are set up with a booth arrangement instead of tables that could be moved around.

It also tends to be very busy there, so getting a set of seats close together may be tough. They do seem to have a fair number of seats at the counter though.

It would be interesting to seethe reaction ofthe customers lined up at the door when they saw 20-30 people sitting at the counter all armed. If you sit at the counter, your back is to the entrance.

Post imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
    I've been there a couple of times. I don't recall any signage and I have seen where others have gone OC to the ones in NOVA.

IIRC, they are set up with a booth arrangement instead of tables that could be moved around.

It also tends to be very busy there, so getting a set of seats close together may be tough. They do seem to have a fair number of seats at the counter though.

It would be interesting to seethe reaction ofthe customers lined up at the door when they saw 20-30 people sitting at the counter all armed. If you sit at the counter, your back is to the entrance.
    Doesn't sound like a practical/workable arrangement for a group wishing to interact with each other.

As for me, I do not sit with my back to incoming.

Still, I'll be having breakfast there at 9:30 this Sun.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

Three have eaten their now without incident re OCing - end of good report.

Prices: about normal for such an establishment

Food: On a scale of 1-10, 5 possibly a 6-.

Atmosphere: Very loud and noisy

Service: 50%, that's how much of my order they got right.

Accommodations: Mostly 4 person booths, some tables which management declined to move together for a group.

My personal recommendation for OC dinner: Not suitable

Will I go back for lunch or breakfast: Not likely
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Thought of the day, maybe should be rule #1

Recommend any place for consideration if you have eaten there and have positive reactions as to OC, accommodations for a group ranging from 10 to 20+ people, tasty food etc. It's important to remember also that the long running existing group is family (partners & children) oriented.

No one should be shy about starting a second OC dinner group if different standards are desirable. Two such groups in the Greater Richmond area would only double the coverage.

Yata hey