• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

February Richmond OC dinner ideas?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I'll check out the Silver Diner on Sunday morning Feb. 1st for breakfast probably about 9:30 AM.

Anybody care to join me?

Of interest of course will be their reception, space available w/good table arrangement for up to 30 people as well as food selection - I did get only a peek at the dinner menu - it was taking forever to download - but looks quite varied.

Yata hey

dbc3804

imported post

I've been there a couple of times. I don't recall any signage and I have seen where others have gone OC to the ones in NOVA.

IIRC, they are set up with a booth arrangement instead of tables that could be moved around.

It also tends to be very busy there, so getting a set of seats close together may be tough. They do seem to have a fair number of seats at the counter though.

It would be interesting to seethe reaction ofthe customers lined up at the door when they saw 20-30 people sitting at the counter all armed. If you sit at the counter, your back is to the entrance.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

dbc3804 wrote:
I've been there a couple of times. I don't recall any signage and I have seen where others have gone OC to the ones in NOVA.

IIRC, they are set up with a booth arrangement instead of tables that could be moved around.

It also tends to be very busy there, so getting a set of seats close together may be tough. They do seem to have a fair number of seats at the counter though.

It would be interesting to seethe reaction ofthe customers lined up at the door when they saw 20-30 people sitting at the counter all armed. If you sit at the counter, your back is to the entrance.
Doesn't sound like a practical/workable arrangement for a group wishing to interact with each other.

As for me, I do not sit with my back to incoming.

Still, I'll be having breakfast there at 9:30 this Sun.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Three have eaten their now without incident re OCing - end of good report.

Prices: about normal for such an establishment

Food: On a scale of 1-10, 5 possibly a 6-.

Atmosphere: Very loud and noisy

Service: 50%, that's how much of my order they got right.

Accommodations: Mostly 4 person booths, some tables which management declined to move together for a group.

My personal recommendation for OC dinner: Not suitable

Will I go back for lunch or breakfast: Not likely

Thought of the day, maybe should be rule #1

Recommend any place for consideration if you have eaten there and have positive reactions as to OC, accommodations for a group ranging from 10 to 20+ people, tasty food etc. It's important to remember also that the long running existing group is family (partners & children) oriented.

No one should be shy about starting a second OC dinner group if different standards are desirable. Two such groups in the Greater Richmond area would only double the coverage.

Yata hey