Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCU Police Chief arrested

Post imported post

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/new...101608/192165/

Published: January 29, 2009
    Virginia Commonwealth University Police Chief William B. Fuller has been arrested in an online sting operation in Chesterfield County and charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl, police said today.
    Police said Fuller, 50, of the 9000 block of Meadowfield Court in Henrico, was arrested yesterday. They said Fuller believed he was communicating by computer with an underage teen rather than with a police detective.
    He was charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor.
    He is being held without bond in the Chesterfield Jail pending a pre-trial hearing this afternoon in Chesterfield Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
    VCU suspended Fuller without pay and appointed Carlton Edwards, a VCU police captain, as interim chief.
    "We've taken action," said VCU Rector Thomas Rosenthal. He said he received a call from university President Eugene Trani this morning about the arrest.

Post imported post

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

ok, I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, because I know its coming.....

what does this have to do with OCor firearms?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

beat me to it
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Say it isn't so.

So much for high quality leadership. And this from the head honcho who is supposed to be keeping the students safe. Shame.

If convicted, where are they going to keep him? In permanent PC I would think.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Nothing to do with OC but it is nice to what some of the idiots are doing who are enforcing the restriction of our rights.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:

Isn't it "gun" related? Campus safety related? And.......oh well I give up other than VCU doesn't want anybody with a gun around and this is the top guy charged with enforcing that.

It is kind of funny and pathetic if true though.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Perhaps now we know why they don't want guns up there? Someone might take offense to the police chief taking improper liberties with our children?

Gun control laws only protect criminals.

Post imported post

*not a cop bash*

If it's found to be true and proven in court, a cop (a police chief for that matter) going to prison for molesting a child... I think karma is an interesting thing.

Post imported post

Outstanding.

How does this relate to these forums?

When a VCU student is denied permission to carry, it is this man's name at the bottom of the letter.

An interesting side note, the acting police chief, Cpt. Edwards, is in my Risk and Vulnerability Assessment course. He seems much more inclined to involving citizens in maintaining public safety.

Post imported post

I posted the link due to the on going discussion on this forum regarding VCU and its exclusion from gun laws.

It is no more off topic than some the other topic. A police vehicle parked in a no parking zone comes to mind.

Post imported post

The VCU issue is getting a bit of national attention, at least on the blogosphere

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2009/0...ugh.html#links

http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2009/0...nt-policy.html

Post imported post

Among others.

So, according to the logic of the Brady Bunch, we can blame the computer for Willie's indiscretionate behaviour, right?

I think if we ban computers, then we can beat child predators at their own game.

Who's with me?

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post imported post

essayons wrote:
    Outstanding.

When a VCU student is denied permission to carry, it is this man's name at the bottom of the letter.
    Shouldnt the letter come from the President of the University, rather than its police chief?

IMO,an employee,as part of the duties of his employment, whodenies a student permission to carry is separate and apart from any alleged events in his personal life.To try to relate the two is a stretch. If a manager at McDonalds says that I can't have a free drink refill, does that have any bearing on him being arrested for a DUI?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

kenny wrote:
    It is no more off topic than some the other topic. A police vehicle parked in a no parking zone comes to mind.
    Agreed, and again, neither belongs here in this forum.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

ProShooter wrote:
    essayons wrote:
    Outstanding.

Shouldnt the letter come from the President of the University, rather than its police chief?

IMO,an employee,as part of the duties of his employment, whodenies a student permission to carry is separate and apart from any alleged events in his personal life.To try to relate the two is a stretch. If a manager at McDonalds says that I can't have a free drink refill, does that have any bearing on him being arrested for a DUI?
    Yes it should, but that's not how it works.

Letter goes to presidents office, student receives response from office of the chief of police.

Must be bad wiring somewhere in the ivory tower.

Post imported post

essayons wrote:
    Yes it should, but that's not how it works.

Letter goes to presidents office, student receives response from office of the chief of police.

Must be bad wiring somewhere in the ivory tower.
    I guess the University President delegates it to the COP....interesting.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Post imported post

The real question we all should be asking: On their first "date" was he gonna buy her a grown up meal, or a happy meal?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Post imported post

kenny wrote:
    I posted the link due to the on going discussion on this forum regarding VCU and its exclusion from gun laws.
    These elitists have a double standard. See what Trani has to say about this arrest in the current alert:

January 29, 2009

Response to Police Chief's Arrest

January 29, 2009

To the University and Health System Communities:

The Chesterfield County Chief of Police notified us this morning that VCU Police Chief Willie B. Fuller was arrested yesterday. The Chesterfield County Police Department media advisory states that Chief Fuller is charged "with use of a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor."

Pending further information, Chief Fuller has been placed on administrative leave without pay. VCU Captain Carlton Edwards has been named acting Chief.

We regard this situation as extremely serious. We have taken aggressive action to address it, and we will cooperate in all appropriate ways with the Chesterfield County Police investigation.

Sincerely,

Eugene P. Trani
    President, Virginia Commonwealth University
    and
    President and Chair, VCU Health System
    Okay, how seriously do they regard Student disarmament? What does the acting Chief think of campus carry?

Post imported post

I'll tell you how this relates to open or concealed carry.

VCU passed a regulation to disarm you and to let the police be the guardian of your safety. It turns out that the Fox is guarding the Hen house. This is exactly why natural rights cannot be delegated away. This is a potent argument for removal of their gun ban.

Post imported post

Once again we are gettingcrap hereand members trying to play that it is somehow gun related.

cop = gun related no matter when it happened. On duty or off.

The police chief allegedly did something. What happened to being innocent til proven guilty? I see it here all the time. Double standard I guess.

I am happy he got busted! And if he did do it I hope he goes to jail. One of the most sickening things out there trying to get sex from a child.

And the Chief was not making a victim out of any student on the VCU campus. He did not use his gun in any way. He did not do anythingunder the color of law either.He was chatting with what he believed to be an underage girl over the internet.

There was no threat of physical harm by him towards any adult student at the VCU campus. This is clearly a cheap shot at attacking a campus ruling because so many of us do not approve of the gun ban there.

This type of activity makes us all looks like a-hole activists.

I suspect I could post ANYTHING on here and make it gun related.

http://www.registeredchildmolesterlist.org/

1 in every 465 U.S. Citizen is a Sexual Predator

That means a forum this sizehasat least 22 or moremembersthat have been convicted ofa sexual assault.

Post imported post

The more DA post the more he sounds like another/former poster who said, "he wouldn't post here anymore".

I could be wrong but DA your posts remind me of Nitrovic.:shock:
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

While I do love seeing crooked cops busted I have to say how can you be charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl when it was not a 14 year girl? Or how can he be charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor when there was no minor involved???? This just shows how the government will break the law to arrest people.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
    That means a forum this sizehasat least 22 or moremembersthat have been convicted ofa sexual assault.
    No. It means that duck's azzz has a pathetic ignorance of statistics and numbers.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA osculate my fundament.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
    While I do love seeing crooked cops busted I have to say how can you be charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl when it was not a 14 year girl? Or how can he be charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor when there was no minor involved???? This just shows how the government will break the law to arrest people.
    Prior restraint of thought crime. They have to disarm y'all potential felons somehow!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast