• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU Police Chief arrested

kenny

imported post

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/article/VCUUGAT29_20090129-101608/192165/

Published: January 29, 2009
Virginia Commonwealth University Police Chief William B. Fuller has been arrested in an online sting operation in Chesterfield County and charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl, police said today.
Police said Fuller, 50, of the 9000 block of Meadowfield Court in Henrico, was arrested yesterday. They said Fuller believed he was communicating by computer with an underage teen rather than with a police detective.
He was charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor.
He is being held without bond in the Chesterfield Jail pending a pre-trial hearing this afternoon in Chesterfield Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
VCU suspended Fuller without pay and appointed Carlton Edwards, a VCU police captain, as interim chief.
"We've taken action," said VCU Rector Thomas Rosenthal. He said he received a call from university President Eugene Trani this morning about the arrest.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Say it isn't so.

So much for high quality leadership. And this from the head honcho who is supposed to be keeping the students safe. Shame.

If convicted, where are they going to keep him? In permanent PC I would think.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ok, I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, because I know its coming.....

what does this have to do with OCor firearms?
Isn't it "gun" related? :) Campus safety related? And.......oh well I give up other than VCU doesn't want anybody with a gun around and this is the top guy charged with enforcing that.

It is kind of funny and pathetic if true though.

Yata hey

darthmord

imported post

Perhaps now we know why they don't want guns up there? Someone might take offense to the police chief taking improper liberties with our children?

Gun control laws only protect criminals.

Xeni

imported post

*not a cop bash*

If it's found to be true and proven in court, a cop (a police chief for that matter) going to prison for molesting a child... I think karma is an interesting thing.

essayons

imported post

Outstanding.

How does this relate to these forums?

When a VCU student is denied permission to carry, it is this man's name at the bottom of the letter.

An interesting side note, the acting police chief, Cpt. Edwards, is in my Risk and Vulnerability Assessment course. He seems much more inclined to involving citizens in maintaining public safety.

kenny

imported post

I posted the link due to the on going discussion on this forum regarding VCU and its exclusion from gun laws.

It is no more off topic than some the other topic. A police vehicle parked in a no parking zone comes to mind.

wylde007

imported post

Among others.

So, according to the logic of the Brady Bunch, we can blame the computer for Willie's indiscretionate behaviour, right?

I think if we ban computers, then we can beat child predators at their own game.

Who's with me?

:banghead:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

essayons wrote:
Outstanding.

When a VCU student is denied permission to carry, it is this man's name at the bottom of the letter.

Shouldnt the letter come from the President of the University, rather than its police chief?

IMO,an employee,as part of the duties of his employment, whodenies a student permission to carry is separate and apart from any alleged events in his personal life.To try to relate the two is a stretch. If a manager at McDonalds says that I can't have a free drink refill, does that have any bearing on him being arrested for a DUI?

essayons

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
essayons wrote:
Outstanding.

Shouldnt the letter come from the President of the University, rather than its police chief?

IMO,an employee,as part of the duties of his employment, whodenies a student permission to carry is separate and apart from any alleged events in his personal life.To try to relate the two is a stretch. If a manager at McDonalds says that I can't have a free drink refill, does that have any bearing on him being arrested for a DUI?
Yes it should, but that's not how it works.

Letter goes to presidents office, student receives response from office of the chief of police.

Must be bad wiring somewhere in the ivory tower.

Sheriff

imported post

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on out there.

I've tried to tell people....... but I am labeled as a"cop basher". :D

IanB

imported post

The real question we all should be asking: On their first "date" was he gonna buy her a grown up meal, or a happy meal?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Repeater

imported post

kenny wrote:
I posted the link due to the on going discussion on this forum regarding VCU and its exclusion from gun laws.

These elitists have a double standard. See what Trani has to say about this arrest in the current alert:

January 29, 2009

Response to Police Chief's Arrest

January 29, 2009

To the University and Health System Communities:

The Chesterfield County Chief of Police notified us this morning that VCU Police Chief Willie B. Fuller was arrested yesterday. The Chesterfield County Police Department media advisory states that Chief Fuller is charged "with use of a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor."

Pending further information, Chief Fuller has been placed on administrative leave without pay. VCU Captain Carlton Edwards has been named acting Chief.

We regard this situation as extremely serious. We have taken aggressive action to address it, and we will cooperate in all appropriate ways with the Chesterfield County Police investigation.

Sincerely,

Eugene P. Trani
President, Virginia Commonwealth University
and
President and Chair, VCU Health System
Okay, how seriously do they regard Student disarmament? What does the acting Chief think of campus carry?