• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU Police Chief arrested

Virginiaplanter

imported post

I'll tell you how this relates to open or concealed carry.

VCU passed a regulation to disarm you and to let the police be the guardian of your safety. It turns out that the Fox is guarding the Hen house. This is exactly why natural rights cannot be delegated away. This is a potent argument for removal of their gun ban.

Devils Advocate

imported post

Once again we are gettingcrap hereand members trying to play that it is somehow gun related.

cop = gun related no matter when it happened. On duty or off.

The police chief allegedly did something. What happened to being innocent til proven guilty? I see it here all the time. Double standard I guess.

I am happy he got busted! And if he did do it I hope he goes to jail. One of the most sickening things out there trying to get sex from a child.

And the Chief was not making a victim out of any student on the VCU campus. He did not use his gun in any way. He did not do anythingunder the color of law either.He was chatting with what he believed to be an underage girl over the internet.

There was no threat of physical harm by him towards any adult student at the VCU campus. This is clearly a cheap shot at attacking a campus ruling because so many of us do not approve of the gun ban there.

This type of activity makes us all looks like a-hole activists.

I suspect I could post ANYTHING on here and make it gun related.

http://www.registeredchildmolesterlist.org/

1 in every 465 U.S. Citizen is a Sexual Predator

registered-sex-offenders-map.jpg

That means a forum this sizehasat least 22 or moremembersthat have been convicted ofa sexual assault.

Marco

imported post

The more DA post the more he sounds like another/former poster who said, "he wouldn't post here anymore".

I could be wrong but DA your posts remind me of Nitrovic.:shock:

Sheriff

imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
What happened to being innocent until proven guilty?
You didn't seem to be too concerned about this recently when you wanted to discuss me and mypast. I have never had so much as a parking ticket in my entire life, much less a criminal conviction of any type.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

While I do love seeing crooked cops busted I have to say how can you be charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl when it was not a 14 year girl? Or how can he be charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor when there was no minor involved???? This just shows how the government will break the law to arrest people.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
That means a forum this sizehasat least 22 or moremembersthat have been convicted ofa sexual assault.
No. It means that duck's azzz has a pathetic ignorance of statistics and numbers.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA osculate my fundament.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
While I do love seeing crooked cops busted I have to say how can you be charged with soliciting sex from a 14-year-old girl when it was not a 14 year girl? Or how can he be charged with using a communications device to solicit sex from a minor and attempted indecent liberties with a minor when there was no minor involved???? This just shows how the government will break the law to arrest people.
Prior restraint of thought crime. They have to disarm y'all potential felons somehow!

hsmith

imported post

Sheriff wrote:
Devils Advocate wrote:
You didn't seem to be too concerned about this recently when you wanted to discuss me and mypast. I have never had so much as a parking ticket in my entire life, much less a criminal conviction of any type.
Maybe if Ryan Fredrick's informant was involved some might had different opinions ;)

Devils Advocate

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Keeping this gun related,

I guess it goes along the lines of brandishing a firearm when it was a toy.

It is all in the intent.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Repeater wrote:
Okay, how seriously do they regard Student disarmament? What does the acting Chief think of campus carry?
His answer might depend on whether or not he wants to keep his job. :(

Yata hey

Sheriff

imported post

hsmith wrote:
Sheriff wrote:
Devils Advocate wrote:
Maybe if Ryan Fredrick's informant was involved some might had different opinions ;)

Yeah! :banghead:

I have now given Devils Advocate over 24 hours to respond to my remark. He simply slithered out of the thread and refuses to answer I suppose. He never has been very concerned with "innocent until proven guilty" when it doesn't suit his agenda at the time. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sheriff wrote:
SNIP I have now given Devils Advocate over 24 hours to respond to my remark. He simply slithered out of the thread and refuses to answer I suppose. He never has been very concerned with "innocent until proven guilty" when it doesn't suit his agenda at the time.
Don't get too wrapped up into it.

I'm sure most of us noticed it.

kenny

Sheriff

imported post

kenny wrote:
VCU has released information that the Chief's degree is not from an accredited college.
Comes as no surprise to me. People pull this foolishness all over the country to land good jobs.

GWRedDragon

imported post

Devils Advocate wrote:
First rule of probability: probabilities can only be multiplied like this when they are independent. p(a|b) = p(a) and p(b|a) = p(b). Whether someone is a convicted felon is almost assuredly not independent from whether one is interested in OC.

Repeater

imported post

kenny wrote:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/CHEF31_20090130-221814/193746/

VCU has released information that the Chief's degree is not from an accredited college. It appears that he is out on bond.

It's about time VCU changed a lot of its policies. It was almost criminal when they took away the MCV name. Too bad a student organization for OC/CC has not started at VCU.
Senate Courts of Justice spent a great deal of time debating Senator Cuccinelli's SB 1528, because Marsh was obsessed with the credentials of any online course and if you are who you claim you are.

Here, you have a police chief with a degree that seems pretty worthless -- and VCDU apparently knew about it and did nothing anyway.

A double standard.

essayons

imported post

kenny wrote:
http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/CHEF31_20090130-221814/193746/

VCU has released information that the Chief's degree is not from an accredited college. It appears that he is out on bond.

It's about time VCU changed a lot of its policies. It was almost criminal when they took away the MCV name. Too bad a student organization for OC/CC has not started at VCU.

There is a chapter of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at VCU, but they are not well organized or active.

essayons

imported post

Repeater wrote:
kenny wrote:

Senate Courts of Justice spent a great deal of time debating Senator Cuccinelli's SB 1528, because Marsh was obsessed with the credentials of any online course and if you are who you claim you are.

Here, you have a police chief with a degree that seems pretty worthless -- and VCDU apparently knew about it and did nothing anyway.

A double standard.

As stated in the article, a degree is not required to be police chief at VCU, so there is no wrongdoing in that aspect.

The trouble is that he was awarded a degree at VCU based largely on his credits/degree from the unaccredited institution.