Thread: Carry at Golden Corral in Winchester Prohibited

Post imported post

A few weeks ago i had a problem at Golden Corral in Winchester with OC. I contacted Corporate via their website and this is the response that i recieved:

"the franchise group e.s.c. restaurants has a policy against carrying firearms within the restaurant excluding of course law enforcement . we realy dont want to have management and servers having to ask for permits. this franchise group is a little cautious as they had 2 managers killed in robberys , and they may tend to overreact to this issue
    we do thank you for your kind comments on our restaurant and apologize for any inconvience we may have caused

rick smith esc restaurants "

The email address that it was received from was: happynbald@aol.com

Post imported post

Message sent:

A friend of mine received this message from you:
    "the franchise group e.s.c. restaurants has a policy against carrying firearms within the restaurant excluding of course law enforcement . we realy dont want to have management and servers having to ask for permits. this franchise group is a little cautious as they had 2 managers killed in robberys , and they may tend to overreact to this issue
    we do thank you for your kind comments on our restaurant and apologize for any inconvience we may have caused

If this is the way my right to protect myself will be treated, I will never darken your doorstep again. Someone with the intent to rob your store will NEVER carry his gun openly. This would ruin his element of surprise. If your managers don't understand that, they need more training, not some dictatorial fiat that will achieve nothing but leaving those who are willing defenseless.

Good Day,

I couldn't find the corporate office's email address(es).

Post imported post

I have trouble taking seriously any business that's using an AOL email address for official communications.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Yeah, happynbald@crappyrestaurant.com is way more professional.

edit: 10yd penalty, too many verbs
    ---

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    I have trouble taking seriously any business that's using an AOL email address for official communications.
    +1 Exactly my thought.
    USAF Retired
    Certified Glock Armorer
    -------------
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. --- Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:

I couldn't find the corporate office's email address(es).
    http://www.goldencorral.com/contact/

Email sent asking if this is their policy and to please contact me.
    I also included a link to this thread.

Will post if they reply.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    We used to do some classes in a local hotel's meeting room and their Sales Managerhad same thing (AOL).The hotel apparently didnt feel the need for lower level employees to have corporate email addresses.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

Us Utahns have had four successful Open Carry meets in various Golden Corral restaurants. All of the managers were delighted to have us. (and our money )
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

kibbles1n0bits wrote:
    A few weeks ago i had a problem at Golden Corral in Winchester with OC. I contacted Corporate via their website and this is the response that i recieved:

I'd have a problem with any business that doesn't understand capitalization, plurals, punctuation, and spelling.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

dogchow's transcription

Post imported post

"Bald and Happy" as the email name

so professional, thats even worse than using AOL

Post imported post

That was my thought when i got the email... Poor grammar and plus the email address... I sent the message to the contact on website

Post imported post

Well, I carry quite frequently in our neighborhood Golden Corral and as yet have had no problems. Frequently the manager is in and around the entrance area and by the register where you pay for your meal. As long as they continue to want my business, I will gladly give it to them. If they do not want my gun and I, then we will find a new place to dine out for red meat.

Post imported post

kibbles1n0bits wrote:

I am part of afranchise and the area guys emails address is an AOL address too.

It would appear that this restaurant does not have a domain address with email. All the communications I get from our area guy are always form his personal address.

So this is not unusual.

I can understand the fear since they have been robbed so many times but I have to respect their decision. They do not want my gun when I am a paying customer then I guess I will buy my meal some place else.

This is NOT going to stop them from being robbed in the future.

But I guess I have to look at it through the eyes of a victim. If seeing me with a gun makes them relive the prior robberies and make them worry I can understand their fear.

Post imported post

Excuse my ignorance, is there an "action" letter sent by VCDL to this restaurant, which we can sign, indicating membersundersigned willtake their business elsewhere?