• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Golden Corral in Winchester Prohibited

kibbles1n0bits

imported post

A few weeks ago i had a problem at Golden Corral in Winchester with OC. I contacted Corporate via their website and this is the response that i recieved:

"the franchise group e.s.c. restaurants has a policy against carrying firearms within the restaurant excluding of course law enforcement . we realy dont want to have management and servers having to ask for permits. this franchise group is a little cautious as they had 2 managers killed in robberys , and they may tend to overreact to this issue
we do thank you for your kind comments on our restaurant and apologize for any inconvience we may have caused

rick smith esc restaurants "

The email address that it was received from was: happynbald@aol.com

ufcfanvt

imported post

Message sent:

A friend of mine received this message from you:
"the franchise group e.s.c. restaurants has a policy against carrying firearms within the restaurant excluding of course law enforcement . we realy dont want to have management and servers having to ask for permits. this franchise group is a little cautious as they had 2 managers killed in robberys , and they may tend to overreact to this issue
we do thank you for your kind comments on our restaurant and apologize for any inconvience we may have caused

If this is the way my right to protect myself will be treated, I will never darken your doorstep again. Someone with the intent to rob your store will NEVER carry his gun openly. This would ruin his element of surprise. If your managers don't understand that, they need more training, not some dictatorial fiat that will achieve nothing but leaving those who are willing defenseless.

Good Day,

I couldn't find the corporate office's email address(es).

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
I have trouble taking seriously any business that's using an AOL email address for official communications.
We used to do some classes in a local hotel's meeting room and their Sales Managerhad same thing (AOL).The hotel apparently didnt feel the need for lower level employees to have corporate email addresses.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Us Utahns have had four successful Open Carry meets in various Golden Corral restaurants. All of the managers were delighted to have us. (and our money ;))

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

kibbles1n0bits wrote:
A few weeks ago i had a problem at Golden Corral in Winchester with OC. I contacted Corporate via their website and this is the response that i recieved:

I'd have a problem with any business that doesn't understand capitalization, plurals, punctuation, and spelling.

sccrref

imported post

Well, I carry quite frequently in our neighborhood Golden Corral and as yet have had no problems. Frequently the manager is in and around the entrance area and by the register where you pay for your meal. As long as they continue to want my business, I will gladly give it to them. If they do not want my gun and I, then we will find a new place to dine out for red meat.

Devils Advocate

imported post

kibbles1n0bits wrote:

I am part of afranchise and the area guys emails address is an AOL address too.

It would appear that this restaurant does not have a domain address with email. All the communications I get from our area guy are always form his personal address.

So this is not unusual.

I can understand the fear since they have been robbed so many times but I have to respect their decision. They do not want my gun when I am a paying customer then I guess I will buy my meal some place else.

This is NOT going to stop them from being robbed in the future.

But I guess I have to look at it through the eyes of a victim. If seeing me with a gun makes them relive the prior robberies and make them worry I can understand their fear.

CajunRebel

imported post

Excuse my ignorance, is there an "action" letter sent by VCDL to this restaurant, which we can sign, indicating membersundersigned willtake their business elsewhere?