• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County February get-together

heresolong

imported post

So we need a time and place for another Whatcom County meeting.

IHOP was excellent last time we met if we want to do a repeat. If we want lunch this time we'll need a different place. Boundary Bay is excellent but I have no idea of their friendliness. I'm pretty sure the Quarterback is 21+.

Datewise how about Sunday the 22nd?

eardoc

imported post

IHOP always sounds great to me!Meeting around lunch time would be best for me. I've never been to an OC lunch as most are too far south for me to drive. I'm looking forward to seeing what they are like. The 22nd woks well for me.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

heresolong wrote:
So we need a time and place for another Whatcom County meeting.

IHOP was excellent last time we met if we want to do a repeat. If we want lunch this time we'll need a different place. Boundary Bay is excellent but I have no idea of their friendliness. I'm pretty sure the Quarterback is 21+.

Datewise how about Sunday the 22nd?

So far that day is clear for me...and I dont know if Quarterback is strictly 21+ my freind brought her 11 yr. old son there last week to play pool.

Oh and I'm not oposed to pancakes for lunch.

uncoolperson

imported post

The QB used to be (might still be) open to under 21 durring the day, then you run the gambit of which parts are open tounder 21 though...

j2l3

imported post

The areas not open to under 21 are required to have a physical barrier of at least42 inches in height.

WAC 314-02-025
(3) Barriers - Licensees must place barriers around game rooms and areas that are classified as off-limits to minors.

(a) The barriers must clearly separate restricted areas, and must be at least forty-two inches high.

(b) The barriers must be permanently affixed (folding or retractable doors or other barriers that are permanently affixed are acceptable). Those licensees that have been approved by the board for moveable barriers prior to the effective date of this rule may keep their movable barriers until the licensee requests alterations to the premises or the premises change ownership.

(c) Liquor bars cannot be used as the required barriers (see definition of liquor bar in WAC 314-02-010(7)).

(d) Entrances to restricted areas may not be wider than ten feet. If a licensee has more than one entrance along one wall, the total entrance areas may not exceed ten feet.

(e) "Minor prohibited" signs, as required by WAC 314-11-060(1), must be posted at each entrance to restricted areas.

(4) If the business allows minors, the business's primary entrance must open directly into a dedicated dining area or into a neutral area, such as a lobby or foyer, that leads directly to a dedicated dining area. Minors must be able to access restrooms without passing through a lounge or other age-restricted area.

This makes it pretty easy to figure out. ALso, that area is supposed to have signage telling of the restriction.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Thats what slo-pitch does I have taken my kids in there to eat they have pretty good breakfast for the price. I have no idea if they are open-carry freindly though.

heresolong

imported post

j2l3 wrote:
The areas not open to under 21 are required to have a physical barrier of at least42 inches in height.

This makes it pretty easy to figure out. ALso, that area is supposed to have signage telling of the restriction.
I think it is probably best if we avoid the annoyance of trying to figure out which area of the establishment we can be in. Probably that is a challenge for a couple people who want to go out for dinner or pool rather than a large group.

I suggest that we stick with IHOP for this meet. We have only been there once, it was a good experience, lets do that.

Sunday February 22, 12:00. That way we beat the church crowd who will presumably not start arriving til 12:30 or so.

Magister

imported post

Which IHOP? I normally lurk but I had to join for this one. Im with Eardoc about all the meets ive seen being too far south for my poor butt. Its alright if we dont OC though? I would but I cant afford a decent holster for it. Damn IWB holster......

heresolong

imported post

Magister wrote:
Which IHOP? I normally lurk but I had to join for this one. Im with Eardoc about all the meets ive seen being too far south for my poor butt. Its alright if we dont OC though? I would but I cant afford a decent holster for it. Damn IWB holster......
Sorry. Bakerview IHOP. Take the Bakerview Exit and turn East. It is about a mile down on the left.

You don't have to carry unless you want to. It is not required. See you there.

jbone

imported post

Magister wrote:
Its alright if we dont OC though? I would but I cant afford a decent holster for it. Damn IWB holster......
Post what firearm you have,maybe someone will havea holster you can borrow at the lunch.

So far count me it for IHOP!

Richard6218

imported post

Gene Beasley wrote:
I would make the drive if it wasn't the weekend. There have to be other people that work weekends. :(
Gene: Could you maybe find someone to swap days??? My son-in-law used to do that a lot when he was working ambulances.

Magister

imported post

Bakerview IHOP it is. I was hoping it would be that one. I think its a bit bigger inside compared to the Samish one. Its also less than a mile from me.