• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County February get-together

Magister

imported post

So... what time is this little meetup tomorrow? How do we know who's who? First timer so Id hate to show up and not be able to find anyone.

eardoc

imported post

Noon at the Bakerview IHOP. It'll be my first time as well. I'm planning on showing up a little early. I figure I'll just look around for other people with guns...I'll assume they are from this forum. ;) If you show up late and we've already been seated, I'd bet that the host will remember us and can show you to our table(s).

heresolong

imported post

To hopefully answer all your questions:

Yes, it is still on.

Noon

We will be the ones with guns.

There should also be a bald, fat guy with a grey goatee named Brian. If you see him you can start by introducing your self to him.

If you are there first just tell the waitress that you are meeting some friends for lunch and ask for a table or area that seats about seven or eight people.

Don't mention guns or open carry. If they ask about your gun don't mention the group, just do your usual spiel about personal protection.

Unfortunately I can't be there. After I set it up I realized that I am helping teach a rifle building clinic up north today.

Have fun, see you next time. Hopefully this will start to evolve into a monthly thing.

Richard6218

imported post

heresolong wrote:
To hopefully answer all your questions:

Yes, it is still on.

Noon

We will be the ones with guns.

There should also be a bald, fat guy with a grey goatee named Brian. If you see him you can start by introducing your self to him.

If you are there first just tell the waitress that you are meeting some friends for lunch and ask for a table or area that seats about seven or eight people.

Don't mention guns or open carry. If they ask about your gun don't mention the group, just do your usual spiel about personal protection.

Unfortunately I can't be there. After I set it up I realized that I am helping teach a rifle building clinic up north today.

Have fun, see you next time. Hopefully this will start to evolve into a monthly thing.
Too bad you can't be there. I'm sure you know there a lot of issues that need to be discussed and this is the perfect forum. But I'll bounce some ideas off the rest of the gang -- see y'all there :)

Richard6218

imported post

GREAT MEETING!!! We had four (4) members plus four family members for a full table of 8. Topics ranged from a lot of technical gun talk, usual chatter, plus some of the hot political topics of the day. A fair bit of worry-talk about what's facing the 2A community down the road and what if anything we can do about it. Consensus on that was Not much, so get it now while we can. There was some about the Haggen conundrum and no one seemed to have much in the way of how to crack that nut. Brian said he knows someone formerly associated with Haggen who may be able to help. Then there was a bit of talk about some local LEO's and departments that was informative for all of us.

There was absolutely no flinching about our guns, and I'd say not even a sly glance that I caught. Service was above average, I'd say, as wasthe food. Don't know if this qualifies them for the Good Guys list but it sure doesn't hurt them.

One comment about the place: their parking spaces are about wide enough for a Harley but nothing much bigger. FWIW

jbone

imported post

The wife and I had a great time...Look forward to the next one.

heresolong

imported post

Mule told me you guys had a great time. Wish I could have been there, but on the other hand, a dozen more guys are now more comfortable than they were building and tuning M-14 type rifles. So that has to count for something. :)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

[image]C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopopen carry IHOP1 (WinCE).jpg[image]

A little late hope this works

Edit: I can't figure out how to add pics.

heresolong

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
[image]C:Documents and SettingsOwnerDesktopopen carry IHOP1 (WinCE).jpg[image]

A little late hope this works

Edit: I can't figure out how to add pics.
You have to have the picture on an internet server, not your computer. Can you email it to me? I have access to a server and can put it up for you if you don't.

PM sent.