• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at the Hoadly Road IHOP

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I went out for a late breakfast with the wife yesterday at the Hoadly Road IHOP. I took off my winter coat after we were seated (IHOP doesn't serve alcohol so CC was okay), and shortly after that 4 Virginia State Police came in for a meal.

I went to the restroom and passed them each way, first time with just my extra magazine nearest them, then on the way back they got a good look at my Taurus PT1911 in its Blackhawk SERPA holster. No comments, no wide-eyed looks, only good food and GREAT service.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

That's been my experience with VSP. Heck that's been my experience with most police and sheriff agencies both here and in Arizona.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Regularly eat breakfast at IHOP next door to VSP Hdqtrs. in Richmond. Frequently exchange nods with officers but never experienced any negative vibs.

Staff always courteous and attentive too.

Yata hey

wylde007

imported post

That's good to hear about our men in blue.

Although I will never patronize an IHOP** as long as I live, it's good to know they support OC.

(** several TERRIBLE service and food-quality experiences years ago)