• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greetings From Billings

MTBIGHORN

imported post

Greetings To All. New member from Billings here. CC for several years, very interested in OC (although I'm admittedly ignorant about the legalities). Any members from Billings who can shed some light on any OC experiences they have had here in town.

VAopencarry

imported post

Welcome to OCDO!

OC is legal without a permit anywhere you can legally carry. I can only remember 1 member from Billings -MattJohnston -and haven't seen him around much lately.

rollingthunder

imported post

New member here. Live by the evil WALMART in the Heights. Looking for clarification on open carry in the Billings city limits. I thought Billings had its own ordinance outlawing open carry. I know out of the city limits I am good to go. Yes, I do have a CCWP.

Thanks for any help

MountainGator

imported post

rollingthunder wrote:
New member here. Live by the evil WALMART in the Heights. Looking for clarification on open carry in the Billings city limits. I thought Billings had its own ordinance outlawing open carry. I know out of the city limits I am good to go. Yes, I do have a CCWP.

Thanks for any help
All the rules "changed" last week (so to speak) but no, OC is cool in Billings, exceptwhere posted No Guns (Big Bear is the only one I know of).But that doesn't bother me, since they don't want my business I have no reason to go to Big Bear. And of course EVERY Business has the right to askyou to leave, & if you don't you are committing Criminal Tresspass. ... which is one reason why I just CCW... what they don't know... and the other is why bother to upset anyone?

mattjohnston87

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Welcome to OCDO!

OC is legal without a permit anywhere you can legally carry. I can only remember 1 member from Billings -MattJohnston -and haven't seen him around much lately.

Oh, I just don't get around much to this site anymore. Still around, still in Billings. Just busy with life's happenings.

Mahan0331

imported post

Im going up there to Billings for my sisters wedding in July - I take it I shouldn't have any problem carrying there correct?

Here in AZ no one really cares, can I expect the same from the residence of Billings?

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Shouldn't be anymore difficult to carry here than it is there. Most resident's of Montana accept it as every-day apparel. There are those who will give you a little bit of crap, but take it with a grain of salt. You'll be in good company, lots of others carry in Montana so don't feel alone!