• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question about chambered round.

Jarod44588

imported post

I was walking in a store today, when a man, kinda creepy guy actually, said "boy, what are you doing with that gun" and i said it was for protection. So he continued and insisted i needed a permit? i was like WTF? People that reside in AZ should at least know things before bothering you. Also he said that haveing a round in the chamber is illegal? Im 99% sure this isnt true, but id still like to have the full 100% on my side.
This was one of the few times ive Oc'd, MANY MANY MANY stares, i just walked past and didnt look at them :cool:

Jarod44588

imported post

It was K-mart. I DO NOT like the one up here, the employees do not know sh*t about ANYTHING pertaining to their policies. And i thought he was wrong, i corrected him on several things, but he insisted he was right, so i said have a nice day, and walked away. No point in fighting wiht ignorant people:cuss:

Dahwg

imported post

That happened to me right before the holidays. I was at a tree lot picking out a tree and one of the other customers angrily says to me, "You'd better be a cop! Are you?"

Me: (genuinely confused at being confronted in AZ) "Excuse me?"

Him: "You can't walk around with a gun openly on display like that, you'd better remove it or I'm going to call the cops."

Me: "I can't huh? Let me guess, you're not from here are you?"

Him: "What does that have to do with it?"

Me: "California?"

Him: "No, Illinois"

Me: "Oh, the other one."

Him: "The other what?"

Me: (Staring in mock amazement) "Wow, you really do exist!"

Him: "What are you talking about?"

Me: "I heard about your kind but never thought I'd see one in person."

Him: "What?"

Me: "A know-it-all from a bassackwards anti gun state that doesn't even know when they're making a complete ass of themselves by being dead wrong about Arizona gun laws."

Him: "Well um... don't call me an ass...and I can prove it to you. All I have to do is dial 911!"

Me: "I didn't call you an ass, and here- use my phone, though you'll want to take a look at the website I pulled up there."

I've got the website to the AZ State Legislature (ARS 13-3102) http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS bookmarked on my cell phone.

Him: Reads it, smug look on his face turns rather dour, "I don't like it."

Me: "Well it's a good thing you don't have to. No one's forcing you to stay here are they?"

Him: "Hrmph!"

Me: "Welcome to Arizona."

Thing is, if he had been inquisitive or polite, I would have engaged him differently. Oh well, some people are genetically predisposed to being an ass. :banghead:

Jarod44588

imported post

HAHA wow that seriously made me laugh, people make such asses of themselves, acting like they know everything even though they dont know hardly anything. At all.
One man tonight, actually asked me to disarm or he would have "security" on me, i asked why hed do that and he said "because somone your age (didnt even know my age) shouldnt be able to carry a gun! I told him ive taken 3 hunter safety classes, i own the Arizona gun owners guide, AND im more than qualified to handle, and operate my piece. Ok thius guy was a totall jackass so he goes to management, tells them about it, the manager comes out ( a rough looking man in early 50's id say) and asks what the problem is, so i tell him that the man who he talked to, had a problem with my weapon. So he asked me to please leave, which was totall BS, and i left what i was buying, ( a 12 pack of coke and some chips) on the floor, and told him have a nice night.
Im going to write a letter to safeway about the VERY aggravating experience.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

These 'foreigners' are very aggravating... CA and IL in particular ('cause there's so many of 'em here)... 'n then you get the NY/NJ/MA and some MD types who just KNOW that 'that can't be legal'. These come from states where the 2A has been denied for so long they consider it normal. First thing falls outt'a their mouths is 'permit, license, registration etc.'. I love it when they ask: "Is that REAL?" Like... who the hell is gonna carry a fake pistol?

I don't explain much...I just refer 'em toArticle 2Section 26 of the AZ Constitution. You should have done that with the Safeway 'manager'... (yeh-rite) and advised his actions were a Civil Rights Violation.

r6-rider

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
I told him ive taken 3 hunter safety classes.
i usually dont even get into how "qualified" i am to have my weapon, even though iv been through extensive weapons training. most of the time they assume your going to do something stupid with your weapon or not know how to "properly" use it under a stressful situation because your open carrying which again they assume you dont have a CCW. when they ask if i know how to use it i just reply yes and move on, no point in getting into details that they probly wont listen to anyways

GWbiker

imported post

I usually try to make very short conversation with an anti who spots me OC a weapon. (Sometimes you just can't communicate with a stupid person)

If asked: "Are you a cop?" Or, "Do you have a permit for THAT?"

My answer: "I'm a retired Law Enforcement Officer." (True)

That ends the conversation.

Sometimes you just don't want to communicate with a stupid person.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

GWbiker wrote:
I usually try to make very short conversation with an anti who spots me OC a weapon. (Sometimes you just can't communicate with a stupid person)

If asked: "Are you a cop?" Or, "Do you have a permit for THAT?"

My answer: "I'm a retired Law Enforcement Officer."  (True)

That ends the conversation.

Sometimes you just don't want to communicate with a stupid person.

The problem with this is that you're placating the antis by giving "justification" for your RKBA. You shouldn't and don't have to be a retired officer to carry.

GWbiker

imported post

The problem with this is that you're placating the antis by giving "justification" for your RKBA

Not justification, just my way of telling them to leave me the f*ck alone. Why get into a pi$$ing match with a clueless anti from out of state?

You shouldn't and don't have to be a retired officer to carry

With that being said, now tell me something I don't already know!!

I'm not being a smart a$$.............well I guess I am. It's an attitude we get from being told by OUTSIDERS how to live in Arizona.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
That happened to me right before the holidays. I was at a tree lot picking out a tree and one of the other customers angrily says to me, "You'd better be a cop! Are you?"

Me: (genuinely confused at being confronted in AZ) "Excuse me?"

Him: "You can't walk around with a gun openly on display like that, you'd better remove it or I'm going to call the cops."

Me: "I can't huh? Let me guess, you're not from here are you?"

Him: "What does that have to do with it?"

Me: "California?"

Him: "No, Illinois"

Me: "Oh, the other one."

Him: "The other what?"

Me: (Staring in mock amazement) "Wow, you really do exist!"

Him: "What are you talking about?"

Me: "I heard about your kind but never thought I'd see one in person."

Him: "What?"

Me: "A know-it-all from a bassackwards anti gun state that doesn't even know when they're making a complete ass of themselves by being dead wrong about Arizona gun laws."

Him: "Well um... don't call me an ass...and I can prove it to you. All I have to do is dial 911!"

Me: "I didn't call you an ass, and here- use my phone, though you'll want to take a look at the website I pulled up there."

I've got the website to the AZ State Legislature (ARS 13-3102) http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/03102.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS bookmarked on my cell phone.

Him: Reads it, smug look on his face turns rather dour, "I don't like it."

Me: "Well it's a good thing you don't have to. No one's forcing you to stay here are they?"

Him: "Hrmph!"

Me: "Welcome to Arizona."

Thing is, if he had been inquisitive or polite, I would have engaged him differently. Oh well, some people are genetically predisposed to being an ass. :banghead:
Dahwg - that is an awesome story, I wish I was there to laugh my butt off, I loved how you told him "I heard about your kind but never thought I would see one in person"!:D

-------------------
Local Forums: Arizona Defense Group http://www.xboxjedi.com/defense

Jarod44588

imported post

I think the man in my story was actually from arizona, thats the REALLY pathetic part.
The thing i dont get is why people cant mind their own business. I mean what kind aof criminal is going to have his handgun in a nice holster, an extra mag in a mag pouch, and clean and well dressed? We could use more of them types and get rid of the old style terrorist and criminal.:celebrate

ca2az96

imported post

Jarod44588 wrote:
I was walking in a store today, when a man, kinda creepy guy actually, said "boy, what are you doing with that gun" and i said it was for protection. So he continued and insisted i needed a permit? i was like WTF? People that reside in AZ should at least know things before bothering you. Also he said that haveing a round in the chamber is illegal? Im 99% sure this isnt true, but id still like to have the full 100% on my side.
This was one of the few times ive Oc'd, MANY MANY MANY stares, i just walked past and didnt look at them :cool:

I knew this scenerio sounded familiar to me, and then the Light Bulb went on :idea:

Utah has this silly law. In Utah, if you do not posess a CCW, you can open carry an "Unloaded" Gun. An "Unloaded" Gun can have a full Magazine, but must be at least 2 actions away from firing, (Action 1 = Chamber Round, Action 2 = Pull Trigger). I'd blame too much Alcohol Consumption by their State Legislators for this dumb law, but they've made Liquor hard to buy and consume as well :banghead:

usdm419

imported post

Well, not all Californians are bad. I moved here and LOVE the law.

Went to my in-laws in Prescott Valley for the Superbowl, and they invited cousins from California. First question out of one of their mouths.......

"Are you a cop?"

"No."

"Well then, it's not loaded, right?"

"Of course it's loaded."

She just stared at me like I was crazy.....and I walked away before she got started on some argument BS.

40s-and-wfan

imported post

I gotta say, I love your guys' stories and experiences here, especially theone about the gentleman in the tree-lot! They make me laugh! I live in Montana and with as open as my state is about carrying and owning firearms, I've come across some of these people in my own experiences! Most of them are transplants to my state from another state like Kalifornia or some other place such as that! Most times they piss me off right off the bat but when I get home and think about their ignorance, I laugh!

Anyways, y'all be safe and continue doing what you do!! Mega kudos y'all!!

1FASTC4

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
You should have done that with the Safeway 'manager'... (yeh-rite) and advised his actions were a Civil Rights Violation.
Hmmm the person in authority asked him to leave private property. What civil rights were violated?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
You should have done that with the Safeway 'manager'... (yeh-rite) and advised his actions were a Civil Rights Violation.
Hmmm the person in authority asked him to leave private property. What civil rights were violated?
Property not posted. No guns are not Safeway corporate policy in AZ... it was personal 'opinion'. He was not enforcing corporate policy... but his 'own' in deference to an invalid customer complaint regarding the mere presence of a gun. He did not inform the complainant that the action was perfectly legitimate. Rather... he acted in collusion with the 1st violator (who created the situation) to violate the carriers civil rights under 2A and Art 2 Sec 26 of the AZ Constitution.

1FASTC4

imported post

I'm not trying to pick a fight but it seems to me that a person who is ordered off private property must comply or be trespassing. Are you saying that if the OP refused to leave he wouldn't have trouble with this?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Sure... the OP was obligated at that point to leave or face trespass. 'Still no less of a civil rights violation by 'management' being forced to do so.