• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Phoenix Zoo

Armed4Life

imported post

Went to the Phoenix Zoo today and was suprised to see a sign that said weapons prohibited (in addition to numerous other items) but I did not see signs for weapon storage. If the Phoenix Zoo is a public entity and they do not provide weapons storage in accordance with the statutes, then they cannot prohibit weapons (I adjusted my mode of carry accordingly). Am I missing anything here????

Jarod44588

imported post

Ive heard from quite a few people that if they have no weapon checking, or storage, then you can go in with the weapon, untill somone says otherwise, i may be wrong, but as i said, its what ive heard

TommyJ1912

imported post

I have been to the Phoenix Zoo several times. Unfortunately, there is a sign posted at the entrance which prohibits the possession of firearms and other weapons.

However, the zoo is 100% within its right to do so. This might come as a surprise to many, but the Phoenix Zoo is a completely "privately owned, non-profit venture" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Zoo ). It has nothing to do with the city of Phoenix and does not receive any taxpayer funding (NOTE: the zoo did receive $2 million via a Phoenix municipal bond after the 2006 election cycle).

It is not uncommon for many museums/attractions in AZ that sound public to be privately owned. The Phoenix Art Museum is another example...