Thread: Does Wells Fargo taking Wachovia change their policy?

Post imported post

Does anyone know all the details behind it and if it affects their GFZ policy?

Post imported post

I can't imagine them taking the time to scrape off all of those No Guns signs, but that's just my take on it.

Post imported post

Might could get some sort of write up from corporate and have it handy when banking with them, however.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Much discussion regarding Wells Fargo on various threads -
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/search....;q=Wells+Fargo

Bottom line seems to be that Wells Fargo accepts the carry laws for the state in which the branch is located.

Has this buy out of Wachovia's banking interests been actually finalized?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

http://wachovia.com/misc/1,,2154,00....CID=AAAA090001

Upon just looking at it it seems more of a partnership than aquisition? I dunno. I'm not very well educated in these sorts of issues.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

curtiswr wrote:
    http://wachovia.com/misc/1,,2154,00....CID=AAAA090001

Upon just looking at it it seems more of a partnership than aquisition? I dunno. I'm not very well educated in these sorts of issues.
    Wells Fargo Buys Wachovia for $15.1 Billion
    http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Smart...486&page=1

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

The aquisition closed at the end of the year but will take some time to become integrated. At this time I have not seen any information from the company to indicate a change in policy.

I work with an affiliated company and we are now receiving some material from Wells Fargo. Maybe with some luck and common sense things will change re firearms.

Post imported post

Regardless of company policy, as long as the stickers are on the door I would think that you would still be in violation and could be charged with trespassing. Just my .02 worth.

There's always another bank that wants my money.

Post imported post

The last place I'm going to go and NOT carry is my bank. I haven't seen any posted signs on any Wachovia buildings in my area (Little Neck, Lynnhaven, Mustang, Haygood).

They don't ask and I don't tell.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I use the Wachovia in Somerset only because it is convenient and I am not particularly fond of BB&T. I always carry into that branch, but do so concealed. The bottom part of my holster with about 3/4" of the slide of my G23 protrudes and both are visible when CC'ing. Yet no one has said anything to my in the several years I have been going there and I was just in there this morning with it partially exposed. I do hope that Wells Fargo does honor Virginia's laws and ways so that I can carry as I see fit when going there.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

https://www.wellsfargo.com/wachovia/faqs/wachovia#Q22

1. When will Wachovia and Wells Fargo become one bank? There are two important dates that will be of interest to you.

* Starting January 1, 2009 Wachovia Corporation is part of Wells Fargo & Co. Because Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and Wachovia Bank, N.A. are still separate banks, there are no immediate changes to your accounts at this time. Our goal is to proceed carefully to do what is right for our customers, and it may take several months to begin our integration activities. * The second important date will be when Wachovia Bank and Wells Fargo Bank combine to become a single bank (known as Integration). In the months ahead, we will decide when Integration activities will occur. You will receive personal communication well in advance with specific information on how it may affect you.

2. Will the name of the bank change to Wells Fargo?

Yes, once Integration occurs, you will see the name and signage change to Wells Fargo.