• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does Wells Fargo taking Wachovia change their policy?

brokerbh

imported post

The aquisition closed at the end of the year but will take some time to become integrated. At this time I have not seen any information from the company to indicate a change in policy.

I work with an affiliated company and we are now receiving some material from Wells Fargo. Maybe with some luck and common sense things will change re firearms.

rchjr

imported post

Regardless of company policy, as long as the stickers are on the door I would think that you would still be in violation and could be charged with trespassing. Just my .02 worth.

There's always another bank that wants my money.:lol:

wylde007

imported post

The last place I'm going to go and NOT carry is my bank. I haven't seen any posted signs on any Wachovia buildings in my area (Little Neck, Lynnhaven, Mustang, Haygood).

They don't ask and I don't tell.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

I use the Wachovia in Somerset only because it is convenient and I am not particularly fond of BB&T. I always carry into that branch, but do so concealed. The bottom part of my holster with about 3/4" of the slide of my G23 protrudes and both are visible when CC'ing. Yet no one has said anything to my in the several years I have been going there and I was just in there this morning with it partially exposed. I do hope that Wells Fargo does honor Virginia's laws and ways so that I can carry as I see fit when going there.

vt357

imported post

https://www.wellsfargo.com/wachovia/faqs/wachovia#Q22

1. When will Wachovia and Wells Fargo become one bank? There are two important dates that will be of interest to you.

* Starting January 1, 2009 Wachovia Corporation is part of Wells Fargo & Co. Because Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and Wachovia Bank, N.A. are still separate banks, there are no immediate changes to your accounts at this time. Our goal is to proceed carefully to do what is right for our customers, and it may take several months to begin our integration activities. * The second important date will be when Wachovia Bank and Wells Fargo Bank combine to become a single bank (known as Integration). In the months ahead, we will decide when Integration activities will occur. You will receive personal communication well in advance with specific information on how it may affect you.

2. Will the name of the bank change to Wells Fargo?

Yes, once Integration occurs, you will see the name and signage change to Wells Fargo.