• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protecting the constitutionally guaranteed right to the lawful possession of firearms during an emer

XD45PlusP

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

Agreed -- looks great. Perhaps a couple of small ammendments that would clarify that Article I Section 24 applies to all types of arms . . .

". . . no person who is not otherwise prohibited from the possesssion, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display, or use of firearms, ammunition, or other weapons shall be prohibited . . ."

Similar change to Section 2 paragraph 4.

Perhaps these representatives are possible sponsors for more restrictive language on the pre-emption clause (should follow what they have in their bill -- i.e., "nor any governmental entity or political subdivision of the state.") I'd sure like to see in the same bill a pre-emption of all weapons, so that carry of knives, etc. followed the same rules state-wide.

Charles

PoppaGary

imported post

I was thinking of thanking Orcutt, he is not my Rep, but has most of the rest of the country around me.

But then I thought, why not drop them all a thank you note? They are supporting a bill that would help state-wide and it could help reinforce the voices from their constituents.

Gary

bugly

imported post

Pretty funny how this works in our favor. The Federal Emergency Powers Act has been signed and re-signed every year since 1861, we have officially been in a state of emergency since....that would authorize us to carry indefinitely if this bill goes through...

cynicist

imported post

As someone who is considered leftist on a number of issues (libertarian on the rest), I would say that this is something that many liberal types would support, with the exception of the "ban them all, the government will protect you," police-state advocate type.