• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something I've been working on, feel free to hate away on it.

NightOwl

imported post

cynicist wrote:
I think you should also advise people to turn in guns worth less than the offered amount, buy more, and use the money to seek out other cheap guns, and ultimately end up with more money and/or guns.
And it will make the whole buyback idea look stupid.
Heck, could be a great way to just make money flat out. Buy the guns for more, say 100 bucks, head to the nearest pawn shop afterward, sell the ones that you don't want. Even assuming that some come back as stolen, and are thus turned over to the proper people for return to their rightful owner, you've still got a fair shot at a making a profit.

Also, receiving stolen property charges require knowledge (or belief) that the property in question is stolen, so I'm not sure that would be able to stick. Which leads me to wonder...when/where is a local buy back program, I need a few extra bucks myself.

Thundar