Thread: Assisted a LEO

Post imported post

I was standing in front of Bartells which is right next to Blumenthalsl .I was Oc.ing my Witness .45 .I saw a Tansit cop come out of Blumenthals and take a header off the curb next to his car.He looked in pain and wasn't getting up. I ran over to see if he was ok and he said he thought his ankle was broken.

Now picture this image.There I was Knelt down over a police officer flat on the ground next to his car,carrying a completly visible .45.When another officer was walking in from my strong side.I saw some extreme concern on his face.But just as he was walking toward us I and another fellow that walked uphelped the officer up.He was a hurtin unit.I would be willing to bet he broke his ankle.Anyway the other officer just walked by and didn't say a word.Didn't even ask if everything was ok which surprised me.

I thought about it later and that that could have looked real bad to another cop walking up and not knowing what was going on.I gave the officer my # incase he needed a witness for a comp claim. Neither one even metioned my weapon.

I

Post imported post

Good story!!! You guys are doing one hell of a job over there.

Post imported post

Can I ask what the caption says on the Avitar (dog with gun to his head)

Post imported post

It says stop the spam or we'll shoot this dog

Post imported post

When was this?

Post imported post

Yesterday late morning

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I was standing in front of Bartells which is right next to Blumenthalsl .I was Oc.ing my Witness .45 .I saw a Tansit cop come out of Blumenthals and take a header off the curb next to his car.He looked in pain and wasn't getting up. I ran over to see if he was ok and he said he thought his ankle was broken.

Now picture this image.There I was Knelt down over a police officer flat on the ground next to his car,carrying a completly visible .45.When another officer was walking in from my strong side.I saw some extreme concern on his face.But just as he was walking toward us I and another fellow that walked uphelped the officer up.He was a hurtin unit.I would be willing to bet he broke his ankle.Anyway the other officer just walked by and didn't say a word.Didn't even ask if everything was ok which surprised me.

I thought about it later and that that could have looked real bad to another cop walking up and not knowing what was going on.I gave the officer my # incase he needed a witness for a comp claim. Neither one even metioned my weapon.

I
    You are right it could have looked bad but I think most cops could tell by your demeanor that you weren't any sort of perp but there to help. Kudos on what you did and I hope this sends a positive message to those in your community including the police what we are about.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)