• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assisted a LEO

DEROS72

imported post

I was standing in front of Bartells which is right next to Blumenthalsl .I was Oc.ing my Witness .45 .I saw a Tansit cop come out of Blumenthals and take a header off the curb next to his car.He looked in pain and wasn't getting up. I ran over to see if he was ok and he said he thought his ankle was broken.

Now picture this image.There I was Knelt down over a police officer flat on the ground next to his car,carrying a completly visible .45.When another officer was walking in from my strong side.I saw some extreme concern on his face.But just as he was walking toward us I and another fellow that walked uphelped the officer up.He was a hurtin unit.I would be willing to bet he broke his ankle.Anyway the other officer just walked by and didn't say a word.Didn't even ask if everything was ok which surprised me.

I thought about it later and that that could have looked real bad to another cop walking up and not knowing what was going on.I gave the officer my # incase he needed a witness for a comp claim. Neither one even metioned my weapon.

I

sudden valley gunner

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I was standing in front of Bartells which is right next to Blumenthalsl .I was Oc.ing my Witness .45 .I saw a Tansit cop come out of Blumenthals and take a header off the curb next to his car.He looked in pain and wasn't getting up. I ran over to see if he was ok and he said he thought his ankle was broken.

Now picture this image.There I was Knelt down over a police officer flat on the ground next to his car,carrying a completly visible .45.When another officer was walking in from my strong side.I saw some extreme concern on his face.But just as he was walking toward us I and another fellow that walked uphelped the officer up.He was a hurtin unit.I would be willing to bet he broke his ankle.Anyway the other officer just walked by and didn't say a word.Didn't even ask if everything was ok which surprised me.

I thought about it later and that that could have looked real bad to another cop walking up and not knowing what was going on.I gave the officer my # incase he needed a witness for a comp claim. Neither one even metioned my weapon.

I
You are right it could have looked bad but I think most cops could tell by your demeanor that you weren't any sort of perp but there to help. Kudos on what you did and I hope this sends a positive message to those in your community including the police what we are about.