Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin open carry cookout now in planning stages

Post imported post

Hello everyone,

So is theregonna be a cookout this year, if there is I shall be there...

Centurion

Post imported post

Hi BSTS,Where about inNew Berlin are you?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Iwould be honored tohost a cookout in the northern part of the state, Ilive just north of Minocqua. I am willing to travel and bring our catering equipment with me, we cannot let this chance slip away again!

Lets get this to happen this year, no more excuses. The people of Michiganhad a succesful event in Warren Michigan, there is no reason that we cannot get an event together in Wisconsin.

Post imported post

Sounds like a good idea.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I wish hugh's cookout would of worked outlast year but sadly it didn't, this year hopefully we can have one though!

Ben

Post imported post

Regardless where the cookout is held, will local LE be informed and / or the media? If you want exposure, this would be one way to go.

Also, I believe that most park picnic areas needs to be reserved and there is a fee involved. From my experience booking for our amateur radio club, we have to do it about a year in advance. Of course, this is within Greenfield Park.

Has anyone thought of checking where to hold it and if its available?
    Member of:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc
    National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Knife Rights
    United States Conceal Carry Association

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:
    Iwould be honored tohost a cookout in the northern part of the state, Ilive just north of Minocqua. I am willing to travel and bring our catering equipment with me, we cannot let this chance slip away again!

Lets get this to happen this year, no more excuses. The people of Michiganhad a succesful event in Warren Michigan, there is no reason that we cannot get an event together in Wisconsin.
    I have property up there and go for a couple of weeks each summer. I'd love to attend and hear what you repressed subjects have to go thru.

I'll be moving there in a couple of years. What a difference, between AZ and WI!

Post imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Nutczak, fine idea, I have acreage and cabin in Forest Co. and would be willing to help, I'm not much for driving in Milwaukee or Madison.

Post imported post

We need to keep in mind everyone. Most likely, not too many people are keened to drive to Minocqua from Waukesha or Milwaukee. However, towns and cities that are not highly populated would be a better choice to have the picnic.

Is there anyone who lives in and around Stevens Point? A single, central location.

Another idea would be to have several picnics going on at the same time around Wisconsin that is held concurrently. Of course, this would be harder to plan due to the availability of parks.
    Member of:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc
    National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Knife Rights
    United States Conceal Carry Association

Post imported post

Check on the Stevens Point location. Granted, I am merely going to school here, so I'm not necessarily around come summertime. But the idea of a central location doesn't sound all that bad. It's still a mere 3 hr drive for me to get here, as opposed to 5 or so to get to Milwaukee. Point does have a plethora of parks and such, so it wouldn't be hard to find one that suits our purpose.

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

dmworken wrote:
    Regardless where the cookout is held, will local LE be informed and / or the media? If you want exposure, this would be one way to go.

Also, I believe that most park picnic areas needs to be reserved and there is a fee involved. From my experience booking for our amateur radio club, we have to do it about a year in advance. Of course, this is within Greenfield Park.

Has anyone thought of checking where to hold it and if its available?
    Calling the media would be a good idea. As for LEOs, I say we blindside them. Imagine a few squads showing up with 15 or so people OCing and cameras watching. I think it would be interesting to see how they handle it.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

Point, Wisconsin Rapids, or even the WI-Dells are all workable for me.

I would also like to advertise this in several papers in and around the community we will have this at. We need alot of people attending, and alot of spectators to make this go over as best we can.

How about a pig-roast? or other BBQ since that is what we specialize in.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

mmmmm pig roast!

Post imported post

Honeslty we should keep it fairly low key on the first one... Suck to call the media for our " big event" and have 4 people there....it would kinda make a look like idiots.

As foe the cops, they should definatly be notified.... I don't really feel like getting into a firefight cause some itchy fingered rookie decided to shoot someone cause he thought they made a move. That would most definatly hurt our cause....

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Anyone want to consider how this affects 'our cause'? In re 'Summary statistics of Wisconsin forum'?

Post imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
    Honeslty we should keep it fairly low key on the first one... Suck to call the media for our " big event" and have 4 people there....it would kinda make a look like idiots.

As foe the cops, they should definatly be notified.... I don't really feel like getting into a firefight cause some itchy fingered rookie decided to shoot someone cause he thought they made a move.
    That is why we should get this rolling now while we are still up to ourbungholes in snow, and use an RSVP system to gaurantee attendance.

The media and law enforcement??I am sure they will have plenty ofinformation from the flyers and newspaper ad's.

If any off-duty LEO's want to join in, fine! as long as they are carrying openly and out of uniform. I am not anti-police. Just anti against the ones that have a history of violating peoples rights.

if we need "permission" to act in a way that is legal according to both state and federal laws, it is no longer a right.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Anyone want to consider how this affects 'our cause'? In re 'Summary statistics of Wisconsin forum'?
    I do not understand what you are trying to say......

Post imported post

BetterSafeThanSorry wrote:
    Hello everyone,

If things go smooth, there will be a cookout in the Green Bay area......

Post imported post

fepowered wrote:
    BetterSafeThanSorry wrote:
    Hello everyone,

If things go smooth, there will be a cookout in the Green Bay area......
    We get any further responsefrom the city yet?

Post imported post

i would attend and possibly be willing to host

my house is in West Bend, and my neighbors already have seen me open carry since I do it often around the house. only downside is no open carry off my property since i am just down the street from an elementary school :X

Post imported post

otter wrote:
    i would attend and possibly be willing to host

my house is in West Bend, and my neighbors already have seen me open carry since I do it often around the house. only downside is no open carry off my property since i am just down the street from an elementary school :X
    I do not think private property is the correct venue, I think we need a park-like setting that is open to the public for many different reasons.

Post imported post

Here's an idea for those of you who want to DO something:

Contact your county board supervisors and re-submit the resolution.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=17914&forum_id=57

Press them to act on it. If they refuse, catch them after a meeting, with video camera running, and ask them why you/me/we have no rights. Then post their answers on You-Tube.

The cost is almost non-existent and because you were asking a question about rights, and did so without a firearm, if they try to quash you that would be a violation of your first (1st) amendment rights.

Will you start by taking this first unarmed stand?

Post imported post

'Support the 2nd' is bordering on spamming.

I would be willing to drive anywhere within the state for an OC event because its just that important.

There should be some central structure to the setup. We need a couple of people to do the planning and make arrangments. And the rest of us need to financially support the event and show up.

It can be as easy as picking a date, securing a venue, and having everyone bring food. I don't think we need to issue a press release. Our actions will speak for themselves. And with a few ground rules and some care into covering our "assets", this should be a simple, fun, and productive day.

Post imported post

RugerMan wrote:
    'Support the 2nd' is bordering on spamming.
    My point was to show just how many times people have said "let's do something" but then won't do anything.

You for example RugerMan, have you written your county board? Have you submitted signatures? Have you video interviewed them to ask why you have no rights? Have you written to your local radio, TV, newspapers? Have you written to your local DA and LEO?

My bet is you haven't and I believe your inaction speaks louder that your words.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Support the 2nd:

What exactly have you done besides ruffle feathers. Remember; when you point one finger at someone else you have three pointed at yourself. Also your member name says support the 2nd how about supporting Article I section 25?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast