• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry cookout now in planning stages

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Iwould be honored tohost a cookout in the northern part of the state, Ilive just north of Minocqua. I am willing to travel and bring our catering equipment with me, we cannot let this chance slip away again!

Lets get this to happen this year, no more excuses. The people of Michiganhad a succesful event in Warren Michigan, there is no reason that we cannot get an event together in Wisconsin.

dmworken

imported post

Regardless where the cookout is held, will local LE be informed and / or the media? If you want exposure, this would be one way to go.

Also, I believe that most park picnic areas needs to be reserved and there is a fee involved. From my experience booking for our amateur radio club, we have to do it about a year in advance. Of course, this is within Greenfield Park.

Has anyone thought of checking where to hold it and if its available?

1FASTC4

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Iwould be honored tohost a cookout in the northern part of the state, Ilive just north of Minocqua. I am willing to travel and bring our catering equipment with me, we cannot let this chance slip away again!

Lets get this to happen this year, no more excuses. The people of Michiganhad a succesful event in Warren Michigan, there is no reason that we cannot get an event together in Wisconsin.

I have property up there and go for a couple of weeks each summer. I'd love to attend and hear what you repressed subjects have to go thru.

I'll be moving there in a couple of years. What a difference, between AZ and WI!

borrowed time

imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Nutczak, fine idea, I have acreage and cabin in Forest Co. and would be willing to help, I'm not much for driving in Milwaukee or Madison.:cuss:

dmworken

imported post

We need to keep in mind everyone. Most likely, not too many people are keened to drive to Minocqua from Waukesha or Milwaukee. However, towns and cities that are not highly populated would be a better choice to have the picnic.

Is there anyone who lives in and around Stevens Point? A single, central location.

Another idea would be to have several picnics going on at the same time around Wisconsin that is held concurrently. Of course, this would be harder to plan due to the availability of parks.

Agent1187

imported post

Check on the Stevens Point location. Granted, I am merely going to school here, so I'm not necessarily around come summertime. But the idea of a central location doesn't sound all that bad. It's still a mere 3 hr drive for me to get here, as opposed to 5 or so to get to Milwaukee. Point does have a plethora of parks and such, so it wouldn't be hard to find one that suits our purpose.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

dmworken wrote:
Regardless where the cookout is held, will local LE be informed and / or the media? If you want exposure, this would be one way to go.

Also, I believe that most park picnic areas needs to be reserved and there is a fee involved. From my experience booking for our amateur radio club, we have to do it about a year in advance. Of course, this is within Greenfield Park.

Has anyone thought of checking where to hold it and if its available?

Calling the media would be a good idea. As for LEOs, I say we blindside them. Imagine a few squads showing up with 15 or so people OCing and cameras watching. I think it would be interesting to see how they handle it.

Nutczak

imported post

Point, Wisconsin Rapids, or even the WI-Dells are all workable for me.

I would also like to advertise this in several papers in and around the community we will have this at. We need alot of people attending, and alot of spectators to make this go over as best we can.

How about a pig-roast? or other BBQ since that is what we specialize in.

SprayAndPray

imported post

Honeslty we should keep it fairly low key on the first one... Suck to call the media for our " big event" and have 4 people there....it would kinda make a look like idiots.

As foe the cops, they should definatly be notified.... I don't really feel like getting into a firefight cause some itchy fingered rookie decided to shoot someone cause he thought they made a move. That would most definatly hurt our cause....

Nutczak

imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
Honeslty we should keep it fairly low key on the first one... Suck to call the media for our " big event" and have 4 people there....it would kinda make a look like idiots.

As foe the cops, they should definatly be notified.... I don't really feel like getting into a firefight cause some itchy fingered rookie decided to shoot someone cause he thought they made a move.
That is why we should get this rolling now while we are still up to ourbungholes in snow, and use an RSVP system to gaurantee attendance.

The media and law enforcement??I am sure they will have plenty ofinformation from the flyers and newspaper ad's.

If any off-duty LEO's want to join in, fine! as long as they are carrying openly and out of uniform. I am not anti-police. Just anti against the ones that have a history of violating peoples rights.

if we need "permission" to act in a way that is legal according to both state and federal laws, it is no longer a right.

SprayAndPray

imported post

fepowered wrote:
BetterSafeThanSorry wrote:
Hello everyone,

So is theregonna be a cookout this year, if there is I shall be there...
If things go smooth, there will be a cookout in the Green Bay area......
We get any further responsefrom the city yet?

otter

imported post

i would attend and possibly be willing to host

my house is in West Bend, and my neighbors already have seen me open carry since I do it often around the house. only downside is no open carry off my property since i am just down the street from an elementary school :X