• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry cookout now in planning stages

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

skamp wrote:
:celebrateParty time!

what is needed as far as food/drink is concerned? ill see what i can do

Parabellum and I are going to sit down and figure out what we need to bring etc, we can let you know.

Most helpful right now would be if we can get a good idea of how many people are planning ot attend so we know what to plan for.

As Jesus stated, RSVP is not required please feel free to "just show up" but if you know you are going to be there. please express an interest via pm or this thread.

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I will be there.. (along with wife and kid)

ill ask around the club and see if anyone else would like to show up...

if anything.. i have a sams club membership for bulk purchases :)

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

I have rented the pavilion from 11 to 1, so don't let the rain scare you away. The lady at Waukesha County Parks said its only a $3 per car entry (unlike $5 which I previously thought)

Hope to see many there!

metalman383

imported post

I will defenitely be attending. I have a partytrailer with two big grills I built. They are all stainless and fairly attractive. Do you think it would be useful to bring it?

SprayAndPray

imported post

Parabellum wrote:
hugh jarmis and myself will be hosting an OC cookout in Waukesha on Sunday, April 19th. 

It will be at Fox Brook Park Pavillion from 11AM to 1PM.

No need to ASVP, but we'd know how much food to bring if you did.  Everyone is welcome, carrying or not.  There is a 5 dollar parking fee since its a county park.

Spread the news. 

DAMMIT!!!!

Of course the weekend I am out of state....

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Metalman, PM me your phone number, depending on what jarmis and I find out we might be able to use your grills, if say the pavillion does not have a kitchen area?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Hey guys, I might be able to make it. Can I offer any of our catering gear to support the cause? I could bring down the big cooker in the background, or the 2'x5' grill with or without the rotisserie on it.

dsc00002cb3.jpg

How many people are we looking at? Enough to support roasting a whole pig?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.waukeshacounty.gov/page.aspx?SetupMetaId=10976&id=11124

3e8856d1-5e48-44f5-bad4-5fe80fc7048d.png

FOX BROOK PARK
1 Picnic Area
View Park Map
a1892f55-2580-4596-bfcf-2e07356f6b94.png

Picnic Area 1
Open Pavilion
Reservation Request
Amenities include:
  • Capacity: 200 people (Covered area is approx. 30' x 30')
  • Caterer's Room
  • Electric
  • Water
  • Drinking Water
  • Fireplace
  • Grill
  • Picnic Tables
  • Flush Toilets
  • Sand Volleyball
2009 Reservation Fees
Regular:
Tax Exempt:

Weekends & Holidays
$110.00
$92.00
Weekdays
$55.00
$46.00

SprayAndPray

imported post

How many people you want? ... For maximum attendance you should really be cross posting on some of the other gun boards.....

As it is not my baby , And i can not attend, I will not do this unless someone says it is OK

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SprayAndPray wrote:
How many people you want? ... For maximum attendance you should really be cross posting on some of the other gun boards.....

As it is not my baby , And i can not attend, I will not do this unless someone says it is OK

What? Cross reference to other boards? Its OK to spread the news.

Nutczak,the set up is impressive. What are your prices? If you would prefer, PM me and well talk. A whole pig..... everybodyshould bring their families if were going to do that. But we should wait on making that decision right now.

metalman383

imported post

Have any of you done up any flyers or anything? If you did, I would be more than happy to pass them out at my local gun shops.Even though there seems to be agrowing number of people that want to do something, I don't know how many people we would get to drive down from Eau Claire. Doesn't hurt to try though!

Nutczak

imported post

I spoke too soon, I apologize! We may not be able to attend.

the 15th -19th isour Turkey hunting slot,me and the GFplan onhunting wed through ??, and I promised I would call for one of myfriends afterwe getour birds. Hopefull he gets his bird early too and maybewe can still make it though. This is our first time getting the first slot, I got denied for the last 5 years and I cannot give it up after this long of a wait.

There would be no charge for bringing down the big cooker or the grill, I am tryng to forward our cause in any way that I can. Check with Rupenas fine foods, they sell roasting pigs ready to cook, and even put them on a rotisserie unit for you at a very verydecent price. I hope I can make it guys,

metalman, the unit with 2 chrome stacks is not a grill, it is a log-burning Mobile BBQ pit. Info for the unit can be seen a www.diamondplatepits.com I had it made for our business a litle over a year ago, it comes from San Angelo Texas, Standard size DPP-70 with a few modifications added. The cabinet shaped cooker is made by Stumps Smokers www.stumpssmokers.com in Centerille GA, the grill is a standard 2'x5' charcoal grill that breaks down for travel, and has the optional rotisserie rated for 100-125 pounds at 6-RPM

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Because the Fox Brook Park Pavillion could be considered a government "building" the open carry cookout will be re-located. The date and time remains the same.

April 19th 11am - 1pm. This cookout will take place on this day.

I will be contacting my alternative location of choice on Monday. I hope to have confirmation that day if not Tuesday that the location is workable. The location I will be contacting is a retail business that serves sportsmen that has a large parking lot that I believe would make a good location for a cookout/tailgate. It has fantastic exposure but is private property. News media will be contacted to attend, and the flow of retail traffic to this location, I believe, will make it an excellent location for our event to be held in a way that promotes our cause. In addition the proximity to the retail location will provide a flow of like-minded citizens that would be very supportive of our cause that may not be privy to this internet forum.

Please feel free to share this date and time on other forums (glock talk, ar-15, etc) Though you may wish to, for the sake of efficiency, wait to do so until the location is confirmed. The date and time remain firm. We will have a fantastic turnout for this event, please plan to attend if possible.

In the unlikely event the retail establishment I will be contacting on Monday is not receptive to allowing us to utilize their parking lot, if any forum members have a suitable location for April 19th 11am - 1pm, please drop me a pm.

hj

Nutczak

imported post

How about City park right in New Berlin? By the old courthouse and fire station.

Idle Isle in Muskego?

Frame park in Waukesha?

Lions park in Eagle (Remembering all the old 4th of Juy hangouts and lions club events I used to attend)

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good Catch Hugh Jarmis! that could have been a bad thing!

does anyone have a good video camera? get something on the front page of opencarry.org? i have a camera that has a camcorder mode but it does not produce good movies.

if noone has one i might have to go get an HD flip camcorder or something..

alot of turkey hunters this weekend.. a few people that would love to go got slots and have already planned on doing it.. havent heard anything from any club members yet.. but its only monday.. ill keep you posted!