• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

February Oak Harbor Meet

Cougar125

imported post

Ok guys...my last chance for a get together before I more to the dictatorship known as Kali...

I'm thinking the 15th of Feb would be best, but need inputs. Looking at doing some food then going to the range.

Ideas?

VLR4

imported post

If there's like 4 people or less we can go to the Sportsmans gun club and shoot for free. I will be in the club on Wensday and plan to go to the range that weekend any way. I just bought a newAR and should have it before the 14th. Less people around but still have to follow the rules of the range. I had a blast last time.

VLR4

imported post

Come to thing about it the 15th would be good for me 2 since it's wife's day (Valentines day) on the 14th. Anytime after 12:00 we can go shot at Sportsmans range. LMK

Cougar125

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I am waaaay in for the 15th! Let me know when and where on the Island or nearby area. We still haven't done the Subway inside Wal Mart :)

Cougar, you are seriously transferring to Kali? Here's a thought - I know you don't want to pay that $19 each or whatever import fee it is for handguns in Kali, so I would be happy to hold your guns for you until you transfer to a free country again!
What guns? ;) I'm thinking I'm stopping off at dad's house on the way...

VLR4

imported post

I wont be abled to shoot untill 12:00 Saturday or Sunday so it's up to Couger to pic the time and day. If he cant fit in those times then you guy's have fun and if I dont see you Cougar it was nice meeting you, have fun in Kali. Think Disneyland :D

Cougar125

imported post

Sunday works for me...that is unless the wife makes other plans...but it is open so far.

McDonalds maybe for quick bite before going to the range?

Cougar125

imported post

Cool. Is this the g/f you were going to bring to the last one? VLR4 and I were discussing that we never told y'all which starbucks we went to...

VLR4

imported post

Well guy's looks like I wont be abled to make it. I'll be out of town with my wife on Saturday untill Sunday. I dont know what time we will get back. I hope I didnt screw up plans to go. Cougar, like I said before. If I dont see you before you leave. Have a safe trip.

jbone

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Yes, but she won't be carrying :-(. Doesn't have a gun, but wants to shoot.

Not at the restaurant I hope!

Cougar125

imported post

jbone wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Yes, but she won't be carrying :-(. Doesn't have a gun, but wants to shoot.

Not at the restaurant I hope!

Wal-Mart. ;)

Have a good time brother. Wife's always more important. ;)

Ok...so lunch at Wal-Mart then? Don't know of any Island ranges open to public on sunday.

Cougar125

imported post

Central Whidbey would be cool. I've never been there.

I don't have any clay pigeons or a thrower, but I have a box of 100 #7 shot we could shoot from the defender, I'm low on 45 ammo (maybe a box I think), have a handful of Mosin Nagant ammo, and 270 is out. I'll check Wally World while we're there for ammo.

Cougar125

imported post

So what is it you carry? Don't think I asked you. I know jbone was asking about carrying fullsize like I was last time, and a couple others were carrying compacts.

jbone

imported post

Cougar125 wrote:
So what is it you carry? Don't think I asked you. I know jbone was asking about carrying fullsize like I was last time, and a couple others were carrying compacts.
M&P9c... I was at walmart Marrysville and they had no 9 or 45 value packs left, heard Oak Habor walmart is also sold out for these items.