• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Gun for Oc OR CC

Jarod44588

imported post

Ive been open carrying for almost a week now, and i gotta say, I LOVE IT!:lol:
I just wanted to give my 2 cents on a very nice carry weapon. The taurus PT-111 Millenium Pro 3rd generation, is, in my opinion,one of the best handguns around. Wheni got it it was practically brand new, only 2 mags fired through it, i took it to the range, had 3 boxes of ammo, 2 WWB and 1 of that russian WOLF ammo. Alternated between the 2, NOT A SINGLE JAM! I was very surprised, fired every time i pulled the trigger.:celebrate I have an Uncle MIkes sidekick holster for it, and it carries VERY WELL. Light, and comfortable. Just to compare, i had my friend lend me a few of his handguns, so i could see the difference in carrying, and WOW. The guns were a 1911 springfield, a tactical 40 (S&W i believe) a bersa 380 auto and a bersa 45 compact, out of all of them i still prefered my 9mm taurus. It is so comfortable to hold, accurate, just a great gun to carry. I would definately trust my life with it.
Speaking of which and a bit off topic, anyone know a good 9mm defense round:question:

usdm419

imported post

Federal Hydra-Shoks, or Winchester JHP.

I have both and trust my life to either round. Then again, mine are .45 caliber. Regardless, the Federals should be awesome!