• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro in Hampton

67GT390FB

imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Now, now...I don't hunt dogs, I drive dogs...I hunt deer. :cool:
Silly turkey don't you realize that you're about to come back in season in a month or two...I drive a caror a truck.....what kind of mileage and cargo capacity does a dog sled have?:lol::monkey...didn't realize suffolk or blacksburg had enough snow for that mode of transport....plus figured michael vick had turned "dog hunting" into the "sport of kings" for hokie nation.:monkey:celebrate:celebrate:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Hey Joe, I got these things on one of my game cameras over the weekend. Any idea what they are. Must be some hunters dogs....:lol::lol::lol:

DSC_0022-640x480.jpg

Got a picture of the Chesterfield lion too

DSC_0015-640x480.jpg

67GT390FB

imported post

Cool pics peter,

A bobcat was about the only thing i didn't capture on my game cam, i emailed you a pic of the hunting dog i caught on camera.

joe

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
Cool pics peter,

A bobcat was about the only thing i didn't capture on my game cam, i emailed you a pic of the hunting dog i caught on camera.

joe

Yep, I see you have the same dog problem.
Good picture! I see you set the date stamp:shock:

ICAM0118.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
i'm frankly considering taking up "dog hunting" in my spare time

If you want to trap them. I;ll loan you a couple double coil spring #2 steel traps or snares, whichever you want. I have all my #4's out now.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

peter nap wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
wylde007 wrote: Because the people who own/work/shop these places are hunter gun owners commenly referred to as Fudds. They believe guns are for hunting and there hunting firearms are kept locked away with the ammo locked in another place. They also usually don't shoot there guns except during hunting season. And they believe in reasonable gun restrictions. Sadly in my 20 years in the Navy I met a lot of my fellow sailors who felt that way. I used to work for a guy who had a GLOCK 22 that he never shot and said often that people have no reason to own a gun that holds 30 rounds.
That's about the dumbest damn statement I've seen since, "We have half the cast of deliverance here".

Guess what class of gun owners are commonly called "Little Mary" ?
I agree, when that guy made the comment how no one should own full capacity firearms Iasked him of bolt action rifles were "safe guns".

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
peter nap wrote:
GLENGLOCKER wrote:
wylde007 wrote: Because the people who own/work/shop these places are hunter gun owners commenly referred to as Fudds. They believe guns are for hunting and there hunting firearms are kept locked away with the ammo locked in another place. They also usually don't shoot there guns except during hunting season. And they believe in reasonable gun restrictions. Sadly in my 20 years in the Navy I met a lot of my fellow sailors who felt that way. I used to work for a guy who had a GLOCK 22 that he never shot and said often that people have no reason to own a gun that holds 30 rounds.
That's about the dumbest damn statement I've seen since, "We have half the cast of deliverance here".

Guess what class of gun owners are commonly called "Little Mary" ?
I agree, when that guy made the comment how no one should own full capacity firearms Iasked him of bolt action rifles were "safe guns".

The guy that made that comment is an idiot!
There's a 5% rule for some reason.
5% of the Dog Hunters are low life sons of bitches and should be shot on sight. 95% are sportsmen and play by the rules.

5% of hunters are Fudds (mostly duck hunters) and 95% are gun owners that bridge all aspects of it.

5% of city people who carry guns for self protection are little Marys, cowards who substitute a gun for Gonads. 95% are decent people who just want to even up the playing field.

Fortunately the 95 percenters vote as a block. The 5% do not.

Now re-read that comment:

Because the people who own/work/shop these places are hunter gun owners commenly referred to as Fudds. They believe guns are for hunting and there hunting firearms are kept locked away with the ammo locked in another place. They also usually don't shoot there guns except during hunting season. And they believe in reasonable gun restrictions.

Now I just got back from Bass Pro where I bought them out of large rifle primers and large pistol primers for the second time in a week. I also bought a new pair of chest waders to fly fish in.
After re-reading the comment, ask yourself why a lot of us don''t get along when we aren't voting.

tsannicolas

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Hey Joe, I got these things on one of my game cameras over the weekend. Any idea what they are. Must be some hunters dogs....:lol::lol::lol:

Got a picture of the Chesterfield lion too

DSC_0015-640x480.jpg
are the date stamps correct?

tsannicolas

imported post

you should contact animal control and show them that picture. i think they're still looking for that cat

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

No I don't set the date stamps. They just go back wherever when I change batteries. Those were taken this past weekend.

Those weren't in Chesterfield, they are on my farm. Animal control needs to stick to picking up stray dogs.

tsannicolas

imported post

peter nap wrote:
No I don't set the date stamps. They just go back wherever when I change batteries. Those were taken this past weekend.

Those weren't in Chesterfield, they are on my farm. Animal control needs to stick to picking up stray dogs.
so, did you take care of that thing? what is it, a bobcat?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

tsannicolas wrote:
peter nap wrote:

so, did you take care of that thing? what is it, a bobcat?
No. There are a lot of Bobcats. They don't hurt anything really. Now the Coyotes are a different matter. I do shoot and trap them but it;s a break even situation. Too many coyotes to clean out and I keep catching those deer dogs that aren't supposed to be there.
There's lots of traffic there. This is the same bear that I didn't shoot because he was too small this season.

DSC_0019-640x480.jpg

riverrat10k

imported post

Can you say highjacked thread? :lol:

Nice shots tho Peter. Saw a guy in CVS by Chesterfield Courthouse last winter. His property backs up to the Chesterfield dump.

He was developing his game cam and had coyotes, bobcats, deer, and rabbits.

What part of the state is the farm, if I may? No need to be specific.

ps == u guys need to dump yur carcasses farther from the house!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Can you say highjacked thread? :lol:

Nice shots tho Peter. Saw a guy in CVS by Chesterfield Courthouse last winter. His property backs up to the Chesterfield dump.

He was developing his game cam and had coyotes, bobcats, deer, and rabbits.

What part of the state is the farm, if I may? No need to be specific.

ps == u guys need to dump yur carcasses farther from the house!
20 minutes from North Carolina.
Yeah....did kinda hijack the thread, didn't I.:uhoh:

I'll quit after this picture...This was the bear I was after this fall:
bigbearsmall1.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
Pete, tell me that ain't a pile of salt in front 'a that thar b'ar. :what::lol::lol:
Corn....I go through 150 pounds a week in the deer feed sites. The bears don't understand they aren't allowed to eat it.:shock:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
Pete, tell me that ain't a pile of salt in front 'a that thar b'ar. :what::lol::lol:
Corn....I go through 150 pounds a week in the deer feed sites. The bears don't understand they aren't allowed to eat it.:shock:
The ol' timers still call that saltin' :lol:

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
The ol' timers still call that saltin' :lol:

Yata hey
I said I wasn't going to post more....just 2 more

The darn bears will eat anything Grapeshot. I was trying to get some turkey pictures last summer (After spring season) an put out corn and a decoy. The bear started on the corn, then ate my decoy.

bt3.jpg

bt4.jpg