Thread: Need recommendation for leather holster for 1911 type pistol with a square trigger guard

Post imported post

I have an STI 2011 similar to the STI VIP. The STI pistol has a square trigger guard. I use aholster madeby Backwoods leather in Portsmouth for a Colt Double Eagle to carry concealed IWB. It works fine, but I was looking for a heavy duty commercial made leather holster for open carry. Does anyone know of one that is made for 1911 pistols with square guards. Due to the round trigger guards molded into most holsters my pistol sits about 1/4to 3/8 inch too high in those holsters.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Post imported post

I believe that Tucker Gun Leather might have one... Check banner at top of page...

Post imported post

I checked the siteyou recommended and they appear to be custom holsters with a 7 to 8 month delivery. I am looking for a comercial leatherholster.
    Revelation 1911 - And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Lone Star Veteran

Post imported post

mobeewan wrote:
    I checked the siteyou recommended and they appear to be custom holsters with a 7 to 8 month delivery. I am looking for a comercial leatherholster.
    They also have a line of 'leather lined' Kydex that they get out a lot more quickly; might be worth a call or an e-mail...
    Good luck with your search.