• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I would like to OC but have a problem

Sig229

imported post

YllwFvr wrote:

Yeah I would guess that must be the case because I failed again Monday. The PICS lady told the saleman dont let me leave without filling out a challenge form... It would be terrible if Im barred from buying!

Now thats just handguns right? You have to have them registered so it must be through a Firearms dealer?

Long guns and shot guns I can still purchase second hand from individuals?

Honestly, Im new to PA and I haven't bought a handgun yet here. So Im not sure of they use a different system for pistols or long guns.

I should clarify the above statement, I have a house in PA and go to school (WVU) here in WV where I also have a home.

If you are having troubles with this being on file in New York, you can go to a state like WV where they dont have a state run firearm system and just do a form 4473 for rifles and shotguns.
But you wont be able to purchase handguns outside of your state of residents.

As far as buying from an individual, yes you can still do that. Your not a convicted felon, so you should be fine.

But I would go ahead and challenge it. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

I once had to do this when I lived in Delaware because I had the same exact first, middle and last name of a man who was convicted of armed robbery.

Every time I tried to make a gun purchase the DE state police denied it and showed up to the gun store a half hour later.

It only took two weeks for me to challenge it and I got a notarized legal letter from the DE state police confirming that I was not that individual and had a right to buy and own firearms.
They also put a notation on file with the DE State Police for future gun purchases.
And I never had a problem after that.

You would think the SSN and DOB would have cleared me, but I guess they are extra careful these days.

But when I lived in Wyoming, Colorado and Florida I was in the gun store and out within 20n minutes after the background check with my new toy.
So every state is different.

On second thought, if I were you I would get the NY case expunged and then challenge the PA state police.

That way you will know 100% for sure that your good to go.

Call a lawyer in the town that your were charged who specializes in expungements and see what he/she can do for you.
It shouldnt cost very much and dont let them milk you for a lot of money.
Its a VERY easy process that you could actually do yourself if you have any legal knowledge.

Carnivore

imported post

Arentzville, Pa.

Long story short, my wifes EX jumped through the car window, and punched me in the jaw, i quickly exited the vehicle and commenced to beating the crap out of this fella, the Pa. state police were called to the loc. and took both sides of the story, and a story from a witness in the business, the EX went to the hospital, and i went back home, The EX insisted he was attacked, and followed through with assault charges all the way to the court date, until the gas station witness showed up and gave his side of the story, and all charges were dropped against me.. BUT!! Pa. contacted Delaware and I was denied purchase of a firearm for 3 years, not possession or use, just purchase.. My wife fulfilled the purpose of purchasing the firearm gifts that were subsequently bought for our son for that duration, and upon my return to Missouri, I have never had any problems with denial since, this all happened in 1998, but to this day, all of my purchases have taken at least 24 hrs.