• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many people carry around the house???

Loneviking

imported post

Usually I'm either carrying or it's close at hand. I'm in the boonies and you get some of the weirdest lost drunks up my way. I also have a mountain lion that often visits and marks a cottonwood tree at nightright outside my garage. If he behaves himself, I'll leave him alone!---if not, the .357 will be the answer. I've had to deal with a couple of feral dogs as well as having the occasional rattler show up. So, yeah, I'm always close to a weapon of some kind.

Walleye

imported post

At home, My SIG is either on my hip or close at hand. It stays with me throughout the day unless I am required to enter a rights restricted zone.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Yup, 1911A1 from Springfield Armory. In a belt holster with an overshirt covering it just in case I walk out to the mail box. Don't want to alarm the yuppies.

darthmord

imported post

I carry when possible. At home, I tend not to carry but have it within arm's reach. I cannot carry at work though. Apparently policies keeping everyone disarmed have dissuaded the criminals from coming here. :?

markand

imported post

All the time. In the house, watching TV. Everywhere but the shower. Only time it is out of the holster is when it is in the mini-vault bolted to the bed frame, or the safe when out of town in some gun-unfriendly venue.

Orygunner

imported post

I ALWAYS carry concealed everywhere it's legal to carry except work. Even when around the house, because it makes no sense to me for one to disarm just because one thinks it's somehow "safer" in any particular location.

A need for a firearm can happen anywhere, anytime. If you think one area is statistically safer than another, unless you've studied the stats, or know for sure,you're probably wrong.

My parents in law only feel there's a need to carry when they're out on a walk on the local bike paths or on some of the woods trails around here. They're worried about cougars and dog attacks. Never mind the fact that there hasn't been a cougar attack in Oregon in years, and hardly any dog attacks around here either. Even attacks from the 2 legged predators are much rarer where they carry than where they don't carry (parking lots, convenience stores, side streets, or even in their home).

The only reason I don't carry at work is that I figureit's a very target-rich environment,and I think the odds of me having to use it to defend myself are much less than the chance of being discovered and losing my job. All I have to do is run faster than 1400 other employees and I'll survive. Not that I couldn't do some good if I was armed, but my company chooses to disarm only the employees, so I'm not left with much choice but to run.

There was a story in the news about a landlord that was cleaning one of his empty apartments and was carrying concealed, I think it was down south.Two guys, one of them armed with a pistol suddenly busted in to rob him and ONLY because he was carrying was he able to defend himself. I think he said he usually didn't carry while working in the apartment, but he didn't take it off that day...

...Always armed, (almost) everywhere...
...Orygunner...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Every day, all day OCing until I go to bed or shower and then one is hidden within easy reach. So normal, I hardly even think about.

Yata hey

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jeez!!!! Man I wish I could open carry like you guys, I have open carried on my lawn a few times, but with cops driving by my suburban house 4 times a day I don't know about carrying around my house:shock:. Sadly in wisconsin we have to be afraid of the police and our right to carry, two people brad and parabellum got arrested in the last year. We have to be very choosey because we are at risk WHENEVER we open carry because of the hostile attitude.

Kimberdude

imported post

If i am not at work, I am carrying. Around the house for sure, my kids' friends are kinda awed at first, had one parent call me up after thier kidwent home and told them. We had a great conversation, and even agreed we should go shooting together with kids. My boy will even call this kid to come over when I have guns out for cleaning, with parents permission. How cool is that? :D

My family doesn't even notice anymore it is so normal at our house. And recently it was aired on the radio that Crime Stoppers was looking for imformation regarding a home invasion 3 miles from where I live.:what:

SFCAdamsYG

imported post

I carry around the house. The way I see it the house is where I spent a good deal of my extra time, and it's not a moving target. Plus my dad's buisness is only about 400 feet away. Lots of people around all the time, and I don't know all of his customers, so anybody I don't know is a potential bad guy, not that I act on it or anything, just always staying vigilant and alert. But you absolutely never know when you may need your weapon and its a lot harder to use it if it's in another room.

~SFC Adams

sraacke

imported post

I do.

In a holster on my hip, or sitting here on the computer desk next ot my mouse when I'm sitting down.

When I got to bed I unholster, put the gun on my bedside table and sleep well.

When my spouse is home alone she has one of my Ruger P-89 pistols next to the bed and another Ruger P-89 here next to her computer. If she goes into the kitchen or another room she will take one with her.

Too many home invasions making the local news lately to be walking around unarmed even when at home.

thx997303

imported post

When home, and not in TX I OC everywhere legal.

I do around the house, and when I go to bed I attach my Serpa and XD to my bed so it's ready when it needs to be.

FogRider

imported post

"Around the house" for me pretty much means my room (I rent a room from some freinds and mostly keep to myself), and several sidearms are handy if they are not on my person. If I leave the house I always strap one on, and when I get home it pretty much just stays on for the rest of the day.

M

mdgary

imported post

Yes, I carry till I go to bed, then there are 2 guns in arms reach.

I live in a prominate neighborhood, but that does not mean it is safe from BG's.

r6-rider

imported post

KnightSG7 wrote:
If I am awake... It is on me.

If I am asleep... It is next to me.

If I am in the shower... It is on the sink.
same here. i thought i was the only one who kept it close while in the shower