• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many people carry around the house???

erick212

imported post

I carry all the time around my house.. I live on the shoreline of Ct. in a wooded area. With all the home invasions going on in this state my wife is now in agreement with me and is going for her pistol course on Thurs of this week.

kdt1970

imported post

Icarry all the time, I am carring right now while on the computer. I carry to and from work, and the whole time untillI go to bed, then I am within arms reach of my gun.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

erick212 wrote:
I carry all the time around my house.. I live on the shoreline of Ct. in a wooded area. With all the home invasions going on in this state my wife is now in agreement with me and is going for her pistol course on Thurs of this week.
Welcome to OCDO - hope you enjoy and benefit.

Suggest you add your location (at least state) to your profile - it'll help later on with state specific responses.

Yata hey

ecocks

imported post

I usually carry around the house, day and evening.In the yard it is more like 50% of the time since I don't like getting hung up on machinery or having it dig into my side if a lean or stoop to pick something up. When walking the neighborhood I'm OC'ing unless the dog had an urgent need just after I arrived home while CC'ing.

AL Ranger

imported post

I carry all the time in the house. I either have it on me (85% of the time) or next to me within arms reach (15% of the time). I carry anything from a small Kel-Tec P11 9mm or Ruger LCP .380 to full-sized S&W M&P .40, SA XD .40cal or a Taurus PT-1911 45ACP. When I'm asleep the gun is under an adjacent pillow or on a nightstand. I live ina pretty nice subdivision with very little crime but there have been some break-ins during the day. The last thing you want is to find yourself face-to-face with a goblin and your gun is in another part of the house.

open4years

imported post

I get the same thing from some of my family. I had recently purchased a Thunderwear holster. Since my Dad was a gun owner, I went up to him and lifted my t-shirt (had shorts on) and asked him if he could tell that I had a gun on me. He said no, so I pulled the front of my shorts down a few inches and pointed out the .45 I was carrying.

My always hateful sister said: "Why do you feel you need a gun around your familly?". I said: "You know this family and you asked that!". No one laughed. So I got serious. I asked if she could promise 100% that someone wouldn't pull into my driveway and hold us under gun point and then rape her and my Mother while I sat there being able to do nothing. Then they kill us all. She said: "no" in a very low voice.

But, what I wish I had said was that I'm in my own back yard and if she didn't like my carrying a gun around her, she was more than welcome to leave! I ended up several years later deciding I wanted nothing to do with her or her insane husband. Because of him, I've had to change my cell phone number twice and I got a unpublished home number that has a password on my account so no one can get that number. Unfortunately, he has my e-mail address and he has sent 55 very hateful e-mails in less than 30 days - and I didn't e-mail him back.

Wow did I get off topic. I suffered a concussion recently and my brain isn't working right !

open4years

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
havee wrote:
I carry all the time, I even sleep with it on. Am I the only one that sleeps with it on? I live in a bad neighborhood and we have been having problems with machete wielding maniacs trying to get a few bucks. I' m new to OC since we just moved up here from FL. Went out the other night OCing to the corner store with out an issue but, was shaking like crazy by the time I got to the register. The wife and I took the kids to the park today to feed the ducks and I OCed there too. The wife wasn't happy but, I'm feeling a little more at ease OCing. I CCed in FL all the time and they make you paranoid because, even a "print" will land you in jail.
There was a period of time in my life when I not only slept (alone) wearing a gun but didn't take it off during those... ummm... "intimate" moments when my lady (at that time)(uh oh... hope yooperlady doesn't read this) visited.

And it turned out to be a wise decision.

We all gotta do what we gotta do according to conditions of our
circumstances. But I'll add that an honest assessment of what can be realisticly expected against what one is merely fearful of happening must be made.

Ummm... does my decision at that time during that time mean I fit Hank's
new "gun first philosophy"? Or does that mean I failed Hank's old "postulate"?

Okay, I will be the one to ask. Do use a holster? What do you wear to bed that will hold the holster, and gun, when you have to go pee? My PJs won't hold up even a .380. If you sleep in the nude, please don't tell me you affix or insert your gun. As for wearing a gun while doing 'it' is concerned, I would love to know how you accomplished that. And why the gun came in handy, would be interesting to me. Did it have a long silencer on it?

Please e-mail or MSG me with ALL the details!

open4years

imported post

I should have read more of the posts, so I know about wearing pants to bed. It seem like it wouldn't be comfortable. I get aggravated about a wrinkle on the back of PJs. I can't see how a belt could feel comfortabe. But, I guess it's what you get used to.

I started off wearing PJs. But when I had my first place of my own, off with the PJs. I slept that for decades nude and now I'm back to PJs. They say life comes to a full circle.

We start life going in our diapers, we had to be fed and bathed. We couldn't do anything. For many life ends back in diapers and being fed and bathed.

I highly recommend falling in the shower and hitting your head hard enough for a concussion and a small brain bleed. I'm posting often, partly to learn typing again. I keep hitting the wrong keys but you think of weird stuff. It might be nice if there weren't constant migraines and feeling the need to empty my stomach.

open4years

imported post

OCinColorado wrote:
Yes I do carry around the house.  Fact is I always have a firearm on me or within reach.  I keep my pistol under my pillow.  My thinking is that if I had it on the night stand and someone is very quiet they could possibly get to it before I could.  Under the pillow means "they" would not even know I have it and I could pull it out and use it (if needed) before "they" could be aware I even have it.

Note:  "they" meaning the "bad guy"!

I hope it isn't a Glock, under your pillow, and I hope it doesn't have one in the chamber. We have a female city police officer who always slept with a loaded Glock .45 under her pillow. One night she reached back, with both arms to adjust her pillow.

The Glock shot out a .45 hollow point into her right arm; She was right handed. Her wound was described to be a devastating injury. There was never a follow-up article on her.

They surmised that when she pushed the pillow, inwards with both hands, some of the pillow got in the trigger guard and depressed the trigger.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

open4years wrote:
I get the same thing from some of my family. I had recently purchased a Thunderwear holster. Since my Dad was a gun owner, I went up to him and lifted my t-shirt (had shorts on) and asked him if he could tell that I had a gun on me. He said no, so I pulled the front of my shorts down a few inches and pointed out the .45 I was carrying.

My always hateful sister said: "Why do you feel you need a gun around your familly?". I said: "You know this family and you asked that!". No one laughed. So I got serious. I asked if she could promise 100% that someone wouldn't pull into my driveway and hold us under gun point and then rape her and my Mother while I sat there being able to do nothing. Then they kill us all. She said: "no" in a very low voice.

But, what I wish I had said was that I'm in my own back yard and if she didn't like my carrying a gun around her, she was more than welcome to leave! I ended up several years later deciding I wanted nothing to do with her or her insane husband. Because of him, I've had to change my cell phone number twice and I got a unpublished home number that has a password on my account so no one can get that number. Unfortunately, he has my e-mail address and he has sent 55 very hateful e-mails in less than 30 days - and I didn't e-mail him back.

Wow did I get off topic. I suffered a concussion recently and my brain isn't working right !
You can notify his account server and with documented harassment, they wiil take action.

Also state laws may be broken here - you should look into it.

Yata hey

B

Bikenut

imported post

open4years wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
There was a period of time in my life when I not only slept (alone) wearing a gun but didn't take it off during those... ummm... "intimate" moments when my lady (at that time)(uh oh... hope yooperlady doesn't read this) visited.

And it turned out to be a wise decision.

We all gotta do what we gotta do according to conditions of our
circumstances. But I'll add that an honest assessment of what can be realisticly expected against what one is merely fearful of happening must be made.

Ummm... does my decision at that time during that time mean I fit Hank's
new "gun first philosophy"? Or does that mean I failed Hank's old "postulate"?

Okay, I will be the one to ask. Do use a holster? What do you wear to bed that will hold the holster, and gun, when you have to go pee? My PJs won't hold up even a .380. If you sleep in the nude, please don't tell me you affix or insert your gun. As for wearing a gun while doing 'it' is concerned, I would love to know how you accomplished that. And why the gun came in handy, would be interesting to me. Did it have a long silencer on it?

Please e-mail or MSG me with ALL the details!
Sleep (and other activities) in the nude. During the time a fellow was hunting me (I chose those words purposefully) due to my testimony that put him in prison I wore an ankle holster with strap retention containing a Kel Tec P32 for those ... nude.. times.

It was an..... umm... interesting... period of time with lots of interactions with police, both county and state, prosecutors, his attorney, the attorney general, and a prison.

What most folks don't think about, and that included me before, is............ the encounter with a bad guy doesn't stop when the immediate defensive situation ends. And the whole thing drags out for a long time and it will change your life dramatically.... forever.

erick212

imported post

I just found another reason to carry around the house/yard.... This weekend the weather was great so the wife and I went for a walk out in the yard and thru some trails we have on the property. Well, after walking for a while I heard some strange noises in a bushy area about 20ft away, a large fox came charging out right towards us. I pulled on ittook aim but, it stopped about 10ft away so I did not shoot it.... just kept it in my sights until it turned and went backinto the bushes... Come to find out the fox has babies and was just protecting it's family(as we all would).. I'm glad I didn't have to shoot it but, it was also good that if I needed toprotect my wife and myself I could.

steveinNEPA

imported post

Im 22 years old, OC since I was 18 LTCF at 21. I wake up its on my hip, in bed its on my nightstand. In shower its on the counter in arms reach. Also I should add, being as my mother is disabled and my father is iniffy health I moved in with them to help care for them and the house. My father carries as well (not OC though), so there is always anotherperson armed, mymother used to carry but in her state of healthshe physically cannot carry anymore.

TheHossUSMC

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
665cf3acafdd9e5f5beb46a824a63c59.jpg

I have to carry this type of racquet around the house a lot due to tons of fruitflies, even without leaving food out for them. I made a holster for it by modifying a cellphone pouch, but have to watch out for accidental shocks.

Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I get my own place where I don't have to worry about roommates and fruitfly swarms keeping my gun off my hip.

Nobody's getting in here without a lot of noise and probable injury, anyway. I have gone to condition orange a few times for outside possible threats, but all unfounded so far.
Awesome! I can see the headlines now "Man shocks intruder into submission"

I carry openly almost everywhere. My college, illegally in my state, bans OC so I just pull my coat over it or put it in my backpack. The only two places I tend to conceal if I remember to bring my ccw holster is my parents house, by request.

On a side note
Funny thing is my parents neighbors are super libs and have a rebellious 14yrd old son. They know me well and know I'm almost a polar opposite to their values and they asked me to be his big brother in a way. So I take the kid shooting and work wood working projects and camping and stuff, but the mom asked me not to carry into her house so I said "Of course, I just won't go in your house". Like I said I always have at least one gun on me at all times.

Edit: There was a guy who posted he wears it during intimate times. I have two things to say to this. I would not do that because it would hinder all the kinky stuff going down. That said It would be awesome to get it on whilst holding my rifle in one hand and a beer in the other with a smoke hangin out of my mouth and a kevlar on my head. Oh wait I already did that. Good times the Marine Corps was... Good times!

AbNo

imported post

TheHossUSMC wrote:
That said It would be awesome to get it on whilst holding my rifle in one hand and a beer in the other with a smoke hangin out of my mouth and a kevlar on my head. Oh wait I already did that. Good times the Marine Corps was... Good times!
*facepalm* GD jarheads.....

:lol:

TheHossUSMC

imported post

AbNo wrote:
TheHossUSMC wrote:
That said It would be awesome to get it on whilst holding my rifle in one hand and a beer in the other with a smoke hangin out of my mouth and a kevlar on my head. Oh wait I already did that. Good times the Marine Corps was... Good times!
*facepalm* GD jarheads.....

:lol:
Jarheads in thailand

Carnivore

imported post

Open on my property or where I have reason to be on private property, every whereelse is concealed except Disarmed atwork. there's11 loaded pistols,2 .40's 2 9mm's, 2 .32's ,2 .25's and 3 .22'sin the house+ 1 in my pocket, try to beat me to one of em.:celebrate