• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed bill requiring microstamping of Semiauto pistols

JUMPMASTER

imported post

[align=center][size=+1]General Assembly[/size][/align]

[size=+2]Proposed Bill No. 353 [/size]

[align=center][size=-1]January Session, 2009[/size][/align]

LCO No. 1672

Referred to Committee on Judiciary

Introduced by:

SEN. LOONEY, 11th Dist.

AN ACT CONCERNING THE MICROSTAMPING OF SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOLS.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to prohibit the retail sale of any semiautomatic pistol, on and after January 1, 2011, that is not designed and equipped with a microscopic array of characters that identify the make, model and serial number of the pistol in two or more places on the interior surface or internal working parts of the pistol and that are transferred by imprinting on each cartridge case when the pistol is fired.

Statement of Purpose:

To facilitate the linking of used cartridge cases to the firearm that fired them by requiring the microstamping of semiautomatic pistols.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Here's one of the Brady bunch's stooges that needs to get dropped like a hot rock at the next election.

Do these twits really think that any kind of microstamping is going to work? even after hundreds of rounds have gone through and especially after some rigorous cleaning afterwards.

Why not take the weapons out of the hands of the criminals? Oh wait there are laws on the books about that... err why not enforce them? oh because unlike the law-abiding citizens the criminals fight back and are not likely to just give up their weapons.

Where is this loony from? an appropriate name really.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Exactly! What a lot of people don't have figured out is when this depression kicks into overdrive and social services start getting cut due to no funds the huge illegal population is going to become way more visible and I don't mean in a good way.

I'm wondering if some of the increase in pistol permit applications isn't the civil unrest writing on the wall and some are figuring it's only going to increase in the Obamanation.